Posted 20 hours ago

Haier washing machines

Hi all, has anyone purchased one of these washing machines? If so, can you share any feedback, negative or positive please? I'm looking for a new machine, and this brand seems to be sold by all the reputable companies, but not sure if all the positive reviews are a true reflection into how good they claim to be
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you are the type that likes to operate your kit remotely, then note that Haier have now made it a closed network, and that you have to use their system. It no longer works on IFTTT system, and so may lead to subscription charges (edited)
    Haier is a huge Chinese company, one of the biggest manufacturers of home appliances globally. They bought GE's appliance business over 7 years ago and still make them under that brand.
    I'm now on my second Haier washing machine. Used to have a 39 Series machine, and just recently upgraded to the I-Pro Series 7 Machine.

They are absolutely fantastic machines. Pretty well made, tend to come with long warranties, and whisper quiet in use thanks to the direct motion motors. Even during a max speed spin you can barely hear that it's on.

Wash performance on both has been spot on. And unlike most washing machines you can buy today the wash cycle times are decent. A full load will wash in about 45 mins to 75 minutes for most cycles. Lots of others you can buy these days want hours to do a full load and that just wasn't for me.
    That's fast. Our Bosch machine takes 2 1/2 hours for a full cycle!
    They are decent enough, and now own the Hoover/Candy rights too.

The initially launched around 15 years ago in the UK via Comet - that wasn't a successful launch, quite a few reports of fire!
    Had a Haier washer dryer for about 3 years , as mentioned above decent sound levels and wash times from 15 mins for a couple of items , 45 mins for a 30degree standard delicate wash to 75 mins for a 60 degree full load . 
    They did used to have a standard 5 year guarantee but I think that may have been done away with . Customer service has been good , and the whole machine was replaced when we first got it as the drainer hose was quite badly crushed in transit and we were worried it would deteriorate and leak at some point . 
    Author
    On some items, they offer 5 years labour and 10 years parts - which is very impressive. The one I'm keen on is the Haier I-Pro 7 Series WiFi Connected HW100-B14979U1, 10kg, 1400rpm
    I had one for 13 years
    so....
    My washing machine is coming up to 2yr old, still quiet without any strange noises.

It was one of the cheapest direct motor ones from AO.

It has everything I need tbh. No fancy wifi etc, just select wash type, and temperature, spin speed etc.
    A good way to check is rotate the drum by hand and listen, it should be whisper quiet and smooth. If it makes a sort of rumbling noise, the bearings are on the way out.
's avatar