Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 15 hours ago

Hisense TV Costco warranty

Hi everyone,

My Hisense has brown/warm spots (similar to this thread: reddit.com/r/H…ts/)

Looking through my emails I registered for the Hisense warranty Dec 2020 (3 years 4 months ago) and I have a 2 year warranty document from Hisense.

I 'thought' that Costco offer a 5 year warranty on televisions but I'm struggling to find any information on it other than the 'extended warranty' (which I can't work out if I was supposed to pay more for it).

I also can't login to my Costco (as I let my online membership lapse).

Appreciate any pointers.

Regards,
Chris
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You can have a break in membership and still renew and see your previous purchase history
    Rather than try to glean info from the general punter that exists on this forum, it might be better to ring or visit the warehouse and discuss with those who should actually know. But as it is a long, and probably busy, weekend, I would suggest you wait until Tuesday when staff feel more relaxed and can spare the time to chase on your behalf if they can.
    Author
    Thanks.. I really just wanted to get feedback from someone who may have went through this before as I know it depends on which customer service rep you speak with as to what response you'll get.
    You need a current active membership with Costco to claim on their warranty

Perhaps they will let you claim if you renew (edited)
    You need a live membership to claim
    Go to Costco and pay for the membership start the claim for the tv.
    If you have decided you no longer want your Costco membership on the way out stop at the customer service desk and cancel your membership. Costco will give back the money you paid for your membership.
    (edited)
    Author
    Thanks.. can't hurt to have a membership..
    Author
    52484599-wfAyw.jpg
    looking at the Costco website in the UK I can see that all the Hisense TVs (even the cheaper ones similar to mine) come with a 5 year warranty.

I will give them a call I think.
    Costco extends the manufacturer's warranty to 5 years on Televisions and Projectors from the date of purchase.
    as lifted from Costco website at around time of your purchase in late 2020.
    web.archive.org/web…ces

Current page at March 2024 uses similar terminology:
    costco.co.uk/con…ces
    Author
    Thank you. I'm reading that as you have to pay extra for an extended warranty. I don't have a Costco membership any more, do you think I need to become a member again to claim?
    If you lost your membership in the intervening period, then they might have lost access to your purchase history, which would mean you have lucked out. That was the gist of the conversation I had with a Costco office employee for a similar issue
    Author
    yep, I can't log in and looking online you have 90 days to get back in so it'll be a whole new account

Surely, Costco can confirm my order number.
    I had a claim on a bed, membership had lapsed.
    I had ordered online so had all the details on my email.
    The bigger issue was the refund, card was out of date so had to be a cheque.
    Start with a call and go from there.
    From what I’ve read online you need to hold a membership to claim.
    I just thought, I still have membership but with someone else.
    That must be how I could claim. (edited)
    Author
    Thank you.. sounds promising!
's avatar