Posted 8 April 2020

How do you get Amazon Prime Student after your 4 years are up?

Is there a way of getting Prime Student after the 4 years are up? Is it possible to open a new account & get it if not? Thanks

It says this when i tried to renew...

We’ve had a great run, but all good things must come to an end.Members

are only allowed a maximum 4 years of Amazon Prime Student benefits.

You can continue to receive unlimited fast delivery, access to movies

and TV shows on Prime Video, over two million songs on Prime Music,

unlimited photo storage and more with a full-priced Amazon Prime

membership at £79.00/year or £7.99/month.

Community Updates
What is Amazon Prime Student?
If you have a valid student ID and student email address with your institution then you can make the most of Prime Student offered by Amazon. For just £3.99 a month students get a whole host of benefits, compared to £7.99 a month for normal prime customers. With an Amazon Prime Student UK subscription you can make the most of Premium Delivery on Amazon orders, streaming movies on Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Prime Music and most importantly access to Lightning Deals. This means that you will be amongst the first to know about exclusive promotions and Amazon deals. There are also exclusive Amazon Prime Student discount deals on textbooks, fashion and more that mean you can save money on all the student essentials.

51809_1.jpg
How to sign up to Amazon Prime Student
Signing up for an Amazon Prime Student subscription is pretty straightforward. Here is how to sign up to Amazon Prime Student:

• Head to the Amazon Prime Student sign up page.
  • Fill in the sign-in form with your personal details.
  • Click on the verification link in the email, this will be sent to your email address with your educational institution as this is part of the process to verify you are a student.
  • Also, if you already have Amazon Prime and want to change your subscription to Amazon Prime Student then you can get a refund for the remaining months of your Prime subscription.

Is Amazon Prime Student free?
There are often Amazon Prime Student offers such as a 6-month free trial followed by a half-price monthly subscription cost. You can find the best Amazon Prime Student deals on the Amazon Prime page at hotukdeals. But, in short, no Amazon Prime Student is not free although it is a lot cheaper than a standard Prime subscription.

51809_1.jpg
How to get Prime Student again?

If you get an email from Amazon telling you that your Student subscription will run out soon then you’re probably wondering how to renew Amazon Prime Student. All you need to do is head to your Amazon account and ‘Manage your student/prime membership’, then follow the instructions there. You may be asked to provide more documentation to prove that you’re still a student then you may have to wait a while for your status to be verified.

Amazon has an Amazon Prime Student 4 year limit, so you are eligible to have Amazon Prime Student for four years only. This means Amazon Student won’t renew after the 4th year. Even if you have a valid student ID for more than 4 years, once you have enjoyed your Amazon Prime Student for 4 years, your Student Prime subscription will lapse and change into a standard Prime subscription.

If you’re wanting to get Amazon Prime Student for more than 4 years here are some tips. Although there is no official way of continuing Amazon Prime Student after 4 years, can you get Prime Student twice? You may try a Prime Student membership extension hack by creating a new Amazon account and starting afresh with your student ID and email. Another solution to getting Amazon Prime Student more than four years is to submit proof of a TOTUM card which has an expiry date after your 4 years subscription.
New Comment

79 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    TiredParent29/03/2021 11:36

I will cancel my renewal 1 day in advance of expiry and see what happens …I will cancel my renewal 1 day in advance of expiry and see what happens afterwards. I hope to receive an email saying "are you still a student?" or something similar

I cancelled a while back. Haven't heard anything from Amazon since. Saved a fortune not buying stuff I don't need that I would have bought with prime....
    cheesebox29/03/2021 18:06

I cancelled a while back. Haven't heard anything from Amazon since. Saved …I cancelled a while back. Haven't heard anything from Amazon since. Saved a fortune not buying stuff I don't need that I would have bought with prime....

I'm selling those things i accumulated and not used on ebay. I developped Amazon shopping addiction
    TiredParent29/03/2021 18:12

I'm selling those things i accumulated and not used on ebay. I developped …I'm selling those things i accumulated and not used on ebay. I developped Amazon shopping addiction

Ha yeah. Maybe worth letting the prime membership slide for a while. I'm quite glad I did now!
    So is it as simple as just setting up a new amazon account, use the same student ID? Job done?
    Yes, I also used a new email address.
    No longer accepting totum Pro, I did sign up to an institution enrolled in a really cheap course paid money got everything verified, unfortunately totem signed me up for totum Pro
    Useless I can't use it
    Create a new account and submit the same ID.
    deleted244151308/04/2020 18:44

Create a new account and submit the same ID.

Yep it allows it even with a NUS pro card whatever it’s called now.
    Author
    chrisnasah18/07/2020 07:55

Did you get this resolved, same issue here

Got 6 months free prime trial too
    thespiderpig08/11/2020 11:25

Has anyone found a way round this keeping the same account ? Mine comes up …Has anyone found a way round this keeping the same account ? Mine comes up for renewal in a few days and lots of orders, etc on my account so don't really want to set up a new one.Worse case, I guess I pay the £79.

I managed... I didn’t renew for like a month or so, then i queried again via chat and they manually activated it...
    I'm about to have the same happen - four years and can't carry on with student, must admit I thought half HDUK were on this scheme!
    Is there a way to keep the account and then by changing the main e-mail address, or by one of the family members who is also a student getting a fresh student prime account. If you went to a normal Amazon account and then re-applied after 24 hours would that work ?

Any ideas?
    Other than just start a new account?
    cliosport6518/01/2021 20:15

Just send them a copy of the NUS card that's all I did

I just did and they said their system won’t accept it as I’ve already claimed 4 years of Student Prime
    Had the same, submitted my new student ID and 4 years again on the same account win win
    Author
    cliosport6508/04/2020 21:53

Had the same, submitted my new student ID and 4 years again on the same …Had the same, submitted my new student ID and 4 years again on the same account win win

How did you manage that as I got the above message about 4 Years when I tried to do that? Thanks
    same here. my membership is auto renewing. but they are going to charge me £79 now because my student membership has been 4 years now. there is no way to confirm my student ID etc.
    Author
    chrisnasah18/07/2020 07:55

I just opened up a new account with a different email address in the end
    cheerleader18/07/2020 10:16

Got 6 months free prime trial too

Will probably do same, issue is I have loads of gift card on this account to use
    Author
    chrisnasah18/07/2020 10:22

Not unfortunately not allowed to buy card using same method of gift card

That’s a shame, I’ve got to admit I did have some gift cards on my old account & waited until I had items that would be over £20 to get delivery free using them but wasn’t in a rush to get next day delivery
    L33TL3318/01/2021 20:17

I just did and they said their system won’t accept it as I’ve already cla …I just did and they said their system won’t accept it as I’ve already claimed 4 years of Student Prime

I must have been lucky then as my 4 run out and I have another 4 although I didn't to start with to be fair it renewed at £79 then about 4 months into it I received an email to ask if I was still a student sent them a copy of my live Totum card and they added another 4 years and also refunded me £40
    The only logical way is to make a new amazon account, I'm no longer a student but I've got access to student accounts and logins.
    Pezza2u09/09/2021 21:35

My 4 years ended yesterday and I get no option to submit my NUS card which …My 4 years ended yesterday and I get no option to submit my NUS card which expires in 2023. Has anyone recently had student prime reinstated on their existing account, will they do via chat? Although I have two other accounts I can use I'd rather stick with my normal one.

Just open a new account, works no issues and is the only way around it. (edited)
    As mentioned above, just open another account and send your ID to that one, you'll also get 6 months free to start you off! lol
    Mine expired 10 days ago, after sedning them my ID last week I got this response:

" I've checked your account and can see that you've already used the 6 months trial + the 4 years student membership on your account from April 2014 to November 2021 so, we're unable to enroll you for student membership again."

Not sure if related but this weekend our Echo Studio stopped responding - had to delete/Add to the the Alexa account to bring it back... Will try to subscribe next week again, hopefully I reach somebody that can reactivate the deal for me (similar to what happened last year)...
    cheerleader08/04/2020 22:01

How did you manage that as I got the above message about 4 Years when I …How did you manage that as I got the above message about 4 Years when I tried to do that? Thanks

If you log in to you amazon account again under membership it says something about confirm student status that's how I did it, waited 2 days after submitting and had an email to confirm it was prime student again (edited)
    Author
    cliosport6508/04/2020 22:07

If you log in to you amazon account again under membership it says …If you log in to you amazon account again under membership it says something about confirm student status that's how I did it, waited 2 days after submitting and had an email to confirm it was prime student again

But that is where I’m getting that message? Do you have to wait until it runs out & cancel before it goes to full price to do it? Thanks (edited)
    cheerleader08/04/2020 22:13

But that is where I’m getting that message? Do you have to wait until it r …But that is where I’m getting that message? Do you have to wait until it runs out & cancel before it goes to full price to do it? Thanks

No I did it when I received that message
    How do you know how many years one had student prime?
    Author
    cliosport6509/04/2020 06:18

No I did it when I received that message

I wonder why it’s not giving me that option then?
    Author
    rimalpatel00709/04/2020 08:54

I didn’t until I went to renew my student I’d on there
    cheerleader09/04/2020 10:04

I wonder why it’s not giving me that option then?

I'm not sure then, sorry
    cheerleader09/04/2020 10:05

I didn’t until I went to renew my student I’d on there

I signed up originally when I had my tomtum card years ago and since then it was auto renewing. They have never asked for new Id card.
    rimalpatel00709/04/2020 08:54

If you go. to your 'messages', under 'my account', there you will see any correspondence Amazon have sent you. it will usually have all your mail regarding memberships, payments and subscriptions
    Author
    deleted248861001/05/2020 11:41

If you go. to your 'messages', under 'my account', there you will see any c …If you go. to your 'messages', under 'my account', there you will see any correspondence Amazon have sent you. it will usually have all your mail regarding memberships, payments and subscriptions

It won’t let me continue it says my 4 years have come to an end when I try to update my student eligibility
    Has your prime membership already ended?
    Author
    deleted248861001/05/2020 11:58

Has your prime membership already ended?

No it renews on 12th May & says that I will be charged £79
    cheerleader01/05/2020 11:58

No it renews on 12th May & says that I will be charged £79

Author
    chrisnasah18/07/2020 10:20

Will probably do same, issue is I have loads of gift card on this account …Will probably do same, issue is I have loads of gift card on this account to use

Can you not buy more gift cards with it & store them on a new account?
    cheerleader18/07/2020 10:21

Can you not buy more gift cards with it & store them on a new account?

Not unfortunately not allowed to buy card using same method of gift card
    I didnt have to do anything. I was going to let it lapse and cancel prime.

But logged in and saw it let me continue to pay the the cheaper price !
    bilo99931/07/2020 13:24

I'm about to have the same happen - four years and can't carry on with …I'm about to have the same happen - four years and can't carry on with student, must admit I thought half HDUK were on this scheme! Is there a way to keep the account and then by changing the main e-mail address, or by one of the family members who is also a student getting a fresh student prime account. If you went to a normal Amazon account and then re-applied after 24 hours would that work ?Any ideas? Other than just start a new account?

In same boat, I emailed my student id and received a reply to day that the 4 years was up. Thinking new account.

The only thing is that my NUS card currently runs until Feb 2021. Would that work for a new Amazon account? Or would I need a new 3 year card? If so can I get a new one with the existing one, or would I need to use a new email and get an overlapping account. (edited)
's avatar