Posted 24 June 2010

iPhone 4/3Gs HSDPA - where is the symbol ?

Hi all,

I have had a 3Gs for a while now and some of my mates have too, but whenever I look at my phone or their phone we NEVER have the H (HSDPA) symbol, is this because the iPhone doesn't have this symbol ?

I get this on my HTC Hero constantly so I was wondering why I don't on the iPhone ?

Have any of you guys had this? please state which phone you have

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    on the iphone if you see the 3g symbol then it will be on hsdpa, if you see E then its working on Edge. If you see a little circle then its on GSM
    Author
    Can you please put it in order from bad to worse ?

On my HTC it goes - G > 3G > H and I hardly ever get anything other than H

On the iPhones does the H just not exist then ?

Thanks and repped
    H doesnt exist on the iphone as a symbol. H on the hero is hsdpa or 3.5 g

In order on the iphone

Circle(which equals gprs) E (I think its only O2 that use the Edge network) and then 3g which is roughly equivelant to 3g 3.5g or HSDPA depending on area and location.
    james_lfc;8910226

Can you please put it in order from bad to worse ? On my HTC it goes - G … Can you please put it in order from bad to worse ? On my HTC it goes - G > 3G > H and I hardly ever get anything other than H On the iPhones does the H just not exist then ? Thanks and repped

from bad to worse :?
    Author
    ryman1000;8910351

from bad to worse :?

haha what an idiot, just realised i wrote from bad to worse I meant from bad to good :thumbsup:
    Author
    stiffnuts;8910333

H doesnt exist on the iphone as a symbol. H on the hero is hsdpa or 3.5 … H doesnt exist on the iphone as a symbol. H on the hero is hsdpa or 3.5 gIn order on the iphoneCircle(which equals gprs) E (I think its only O2 that use the Edge network) and then 3g which is roughly equivelant to 3g 3.5g or HSDPA depending on area and location.

Ok mate thanks for that - so the best I can hope for is the 3G symbol
    G/GSM/Circle > E/Edge > 3G > 3G+/H/HSDPA/3.5G

On my phone, not really a smartphone tbh, shows up with 3G+ when its in an area offering it, otherwise its just 3G and GSM
    Author
    So when my iPhone is connected to the best internet available what symbol will i see please ?
    dcx_badass;8912319

Nokia have 3.5G, Sony Ericsson have H, guess Apple figured an extra … Nokia have 3.5G, Sony Ericsson have H, guess Apple figured an extra useful icon wouldn't generate any money.

SE dont use H, i've got a SE and it uses 3G+ as the symbol, however it is not a SE smartphone (lowly W595)
    james_lfc;8914728

So when my iPhone is connected to the best internet available what symbol … So when my iPhone is connected to the best internet available what symbol will i see please ?

3G but check speeds here to confirm i.dslr.net/iph…tml
    I've got the standard SE OS too, weird... i've never had H
    I've got my daughters I phone 3 g how do I units all her Apple ID and password to my details
    ab1weston

I've got my daughters I phone 3 g how do I units all her Apple ID and … I've got my daughters I phone 3 g how do I units all her Apple ID and password to my details

*sigh*

's avatar