Posted 11 November 2023

iPhone cable for CarPlay

Can anyone recommend an iPhone cable (ideally standard usb to lightning) so CarPlay links up in my car?

Am I having to go down the official apple charger route or can anyone suggest one that’s not £15 (on Amazon)?
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Get a MFi one.
    I’ve found the cheapest (£1/2) eBay ones work fine for about a year before they need replacing, cheaper to do than spending a lot on one that might fail within the same time frame anyway.
    As mentioned get a MFI certified cable and you should be fine. Both our cars have wireless CarPlay, but we a short cable to charge/CarPlay if need be.
    Author
    Thanks all.

So have checked the ones we bought, and they are MFi certified.

I’m going to borrow a mate’s Apple branded cable to see if it’s the quality of cable or actually something wrong with the usb port in my car
    If you are planning to keep your iPhone for long, then buy original Apple cable, else buy a cheap one.

I would buy the original from a reputable place, there are so many fakes around.

£15.20 at JL
    johnlewis.com/app…be4
    Author
    Amazon have got them for £15 (https://amzn.eu/d/48BZYXH). But as mentioned below, going to check to see that it’s the cable rather than the port that’s busted (otherwise back to Renault under warranty)
's avatar