Posted 1 January 2024

Laptop/ computer

Hi
Looking at getting my son a laptop or computer to help him with his course for graphic design
He needs the latest windows, Photoshop and illustrator.

My budget is between £500-£1000
Any recommendations please?
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    What's your budget?
    And have you asked him about any specific needs? Like software it must be able to run or if he needs a laptop for the portability of being able to take it to class or if it's purely to be able to do the work from home? Even brand preferences he may have would be good to point our recommendations in the right direction.

With the very limited information you have given it's very difficult to really do much more than drop a link to any random computer and hope for the best.
    If the course is through an academic institution (i.e. college or uni) I would have thought that Photoshop and Illustrator would be supplied by them as part of an Adobe Creative Cloud - Academic Licence.

If its an online course (i.e. non academic institution) you can buy the licence yourself from outside the uk. i.e. a full subscription from Turkey is about £70 annually...last time I checked at least.
    You could try the SEARCH function at this question gets asked regularly, and without more specifics (as @@KodaBear says), it can't be properly answered.
's avatar