Posted 4 days ago

LAPTOP! Looking for a Cheap / Reliable / Pretty Fast One. Mainly for Microsoft Teams and Zoom Meetings!

Hi all,

I currently have a desktop set up, which works well for most things I want to do.

However, even after buying a couple of different webcams to try over the last few years. I find they are not great in online meetings, it's quite difficult to find the perfect spot to place / rest them. So I end up looking as if I am at strange angles on the screen, and just generally they are not as sharp / clear and bright, as you would hope.

So I was thinking to buy a cheap laptop, mainly just to use for the built in webcam, and Teams and Zoom meetings?

Currently looking at the refurbished ones with with an extra 25% off on eBay today.

There's quite a few, but I'm rather clueless re the spec!

As an example. This one would be £80 odd with the discount.

ebay.co.uk/itm…488

Do people think it would be any good for mainly using for those purposes? I can't justify spending a lot, but equally don't see the point in getting one if it would be very sluggish / annoy me in other ways and I would end up not using it, and reverting back to the rubbish webcams!

These are the other ones on the current offer, could stretch to about £140 after the discount, at a push.

ebay.co.uk/e/_…=nc

Any help much appreciated!
Community Updates
New Comment