Posted 24 January 2024

LED lights plug/power supply

Hi, hope somebody can help. Bought a set of LED lights and they came with this plug - a two-pronged American plug. I've forgotten what little knowledge I had of polarity etc so can't figure out what UK version of this I need. Does anybody know where I can source the correct plug? Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

26 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    At least four options under £8; one under £4:

1) £3.99 fulfilled Amazon
    amazon.co.uk/exc…56/

2) £6.29 fulfilled Amazon (£8.99 less 30% discount checkbox) - optionally replace the mains plug
    amazon.co.uk/opt…HG/

3) £7.27 directly shifted by Amazon Warehouse with great connection flexibility - complete with an argument about 24V vs 12V
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…Y6X

4) £7.98 fulfilled Amazon - but only if you're patient
    amazon.co.uk/onl…PM/

1) or 2) are the obvious contenders.
    Author
    This is fantastic, thank you. The replies I've received reflects what HUKD is about. There always seems to be somebody who knows the answer to whatever is asked.
    A travel adapter would be cheaper.
    Author
    Thanks - would I need to worry about converting the voltage rather than just a straight swap from 2 pins to 3?
    You need a 24V power supply (or there abouts) of at least 12W with a barrel jack connector of the appropriate size (which isn't listed on the label, you'd have to measure the connector.

The polarity is the three circles, but that's center positive which is the norm so that's not something you'd typically need to worry about.
    Author
    52058520-ghz6E.jpg
    Something like this would do...

24V Power Supply Adapter for Hypervolt Portable Massage Gun, with ON OFF Switch, 110-240V AC to DC 24 Volt 1A Psu DC Connector. amzn.eu/d/3…0xy
    Send them back to wherever you bought them
    Author
    Yeah, I did message them asking for a UK plug or a prepaid returns label and they said to keep them, no charge, payment refunded. So, just need the correct power supply
    Item in image assumed to be £9.99 Amazon-fulfilled item keepa.com/
    and is stated to have "5.5mmx2.1mm" DC barrel which is highly likely same as original US adaptor DC barrel (and possibly interchangeable with devices requiring 5.5mmx2.5mm).
    The only (mild) reservation is the relatively low current rating at 0.5A which exactly matches the original but leaves no overhead.

Summary:
    should be fine if you have that one kicking around your come-in-handy drawer,
    but if looking to purchase it may be beneficial to consider the previously suggested £6.29 fulfilled-Amazon option to benefit from greater current capacity / capability and (likely) greater combined cable length,
    and where DC barrel is implied as a more-accommodating:
    Output adaptor jack size: 5.5mm x 2.5mm, compatible with 5.5mm x 2.1mm
    Author
    I ordered one of your recommendations above - number 2. Thanks
's avatar