Posted 13 January 2024

Looking for a laptop that can handle high end emulation of Switch, PS3 and Xbox..

Hi all! I'm looking for a laptop that would be to handle emulation all the way upto Switch. Switch, PS3 and Xbox would be my main emulators so need something good to handle all of that at at least 2-3x native resolution. I will have it mostly hooke Upto my 4K TV. Any recommendations please? I could get a desktop surr but honestly I already have an Xbox and PS5 so I don't really need a power hungry computer for gaming. Just powerful enough to run all the high end emulators if possible.
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Makes no sense, but anything newer than 6th gen Intel with a dedicated GPU should be capable of running emulation for all three of those consoles. Any of the ~£1k laptop deals on here would be more than capable and probably overkill
    PS3 emulation is quite intense. Switch is pretty easy.

I am less familiar with laptop CPU's Vs desktop but youtube is always your friend

Search for the processor you are seeing in deals and rspc3 or Xenia for PS3 and Xbox and Yuzu for switch

You might be able to get away with a very modern AMD Ryzen as the graphics isn't the issue as much as the CPU grunt. Even the steam deck might work?

Intel have also needed up graphics with their latest models too.

ETA prime does a lot of emulation on YouTube. (edited)
    Well, for what you said you wanted in terms of emulation it is overkill. You are paying premium for features that won't benefit your emulation goals. As I mentioned even if you built the most powerful PC currently available PS3 emulation would still be hit & miss. Some titles perform better than others due to inefficiencies in the emulation, these may be improved over time. Sadly throwing more hardware at it won't improve the performance on those titles at present.
's avatar