Posted 7 October 2021

Macbook pro M1, CeX A condition or Apple Store refurbished?

As per title, I'm considering to purchase a MacBook Pro M1. Would you go with CeX A condition or Certified Refurbished direct from Apple Store please?
CeX £1000 vs Apple Store £1099
I don't have experience buying anything worth more than £100 on CeX.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    No brainer. Pay the extra £99, you'll get warranty from new.
    The Refurbished MacBook you get from Apple is for all intents and purposes the same as a brand new one. Same packaging, same warranty, you probably won’t be able to tell the difference. For the sake of £99 go with the Apple Refurbished one. Some might argue that you get a 2 year warranty with CEX and that could be worth it, but personally I’d go with it Apple Refurbished one.
    In general, I think the Apple store is going to be a better buy for 99 quid extra, especially if you're a business user, as you can claim VAT on the Apple purchase, but not the CeX one.
    Apple hands down, they are pristine
    I'd only go for the CeX one if you had £1000 worth of stuff to trade in, their prices are usually relatively high for cash purchases.

However I'd personally be wary of the M1, there have been reports of problems with the screens failing and Apple refusing to repair them (which obviously may be unfounded).
    Author
    Thanks everyone, it looks like Apple Store refurbished it is
    boxedin07/10/2021 18:50

Thanks everyone, it looks like Apple Store refurbished it is

Enjoy! I got mine in December and love it!
    I use Linux mainly but need Adobe support. Linux isn't great for that even with WINE/Bottles. Windows 11 is absolutely terrible so I would consider an M1 based Mac for just running Adobe software.
's avatar