Posted 27 February 2024

Meaco 25l 179.99 dehumidifier brownmeadow.co.uk

Hi i found a deal which i purchased spur of the moment as ive been looking for this model for a while. From brownmeadow.co.uk. on impulse i payed for it using google pay. Now ive had time to think and a bit of research realise that it maybe too good to be true and perhaps it is a fake website. John lewis are selling this for 299. The website looked ok and i thought maybe legit but now im not too sure as the other (limited no of)products are also very cheap. Can anyone offer me advice ie is it a scam? Should i wait and see? Should i try and cancel?how do i cancel from google pay? Any help would be appreciated
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Are you sure about the website? That doesn't seem to load, and according to internet registrars is still available for purchase.

Google really needs to do something about this. A quick search on google shopping gives several legit looking websites selling £300 duhimidifiers for £80 etc.
    Don't know if this link will work:
    google.com/sea…r=1 (edited)
    Author
    Thanks for your reply. It seems this company has dissapeared. They sent a confirmation email instantly where there were links to check the order or to visit their shop, niether are working anymore. Also the ohone and website have disapeared. I phoned my bank who will not stop the pending payment and insist on me waiting 15 days to see if the product will come before i can start a "dispute". I told them i believe it is a fake company/website, they didnt seem to care, not sure what to do now.

Anyone had this kind of experience? Is there much chance of me recovering my money back?

Makes me sad. I bin looking for this 300 pound item for a cheaper price as i cant afford it, now looks like im going to lose 180 and still need the 300 pound item ☹️
    You should be able to use charge back to get your money back through your bank. Although the process can take long time but if you stay at it you have very good chances of it succeeding and getting your money back.
    What bank did you use? I had an experience in the past using Lloyds debit card and when I disputed the transaction in the mobile app, Lloyds credited me for the amount while they were investigating the claim which I found was a nice thing

You can visit these links for more information about chargeback
    moneysavingexpert.com/rec…ck/

which.co.uk/con…T8q