Posted 1 day ago

Mesh wifi system recommendation

Hello.
Need an up-to-date date recommendation for a mesh system that can cover a large 4 bedroom home and ideally cost under £150, and definitely not more than £200.
I'm assuming I'll need at least 2 satellites.

Currently using a Virgin Media superhub 3 which will be put into modem mode.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I have these and they're great - £60 delivered

scan.co.uk/pro…als
    Used Google WiFi is very good value from CEX now (£22 each pod). No its not latest WiFi 6 spec but with 4 pods in my 4 bed house I get a good 500+Mbps in most areas of my home.
    Easy to setup and manage with the Google home app and very reliable
    Use tplink Deco 3 pack S3 mesh with virgin had it a few years sorted my wifi issues there will be an updated version now cost £100ish (edited)
    I’m currently with Community Fibre and they supply a Linksys 5500 WiFi 6 router which support mesh. So I’ve picked up a couple of cheap Linksys 5600 routers from FB marketplace. Have added 1 node so far, am away at the moment but will add another when I get back. They seem to provide OK coverage but the acid test will be when I replace the current Asus which feeds Wi-Fi upstairs with the Linksys.
    Can recommend the netgear Orbi. Been using one for years and get 400Mbit + all over the house. Double storey 4 bedrooms. And you don't need 2 satellites. One main and 1 satellite is enough if you buy a good one. Make sure it has dedicated backhaul to connect to each other.
    Author
    Thanks but you missed the part about the price range.
    Tbh if you're using Wireless backhaul, then you need to look at Tri Band. Dual Band will crumble under load.
's avatar