Posted 27 August 2023

Micro sd card recoverable?

Last week the micro sd card in my phone decided it wanted to play up, phone said sd card unsupported.
Removed it cleaned it refitted nothing.

Plugged it in to pc and shows its 4gb in size but its actually 64gb. Its branded and authentic so not a clone.

I have loads of family pics on there, anyone got an idea how to access the files so I can transfer to a new card or is the card dead.
Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    easeus have a good data recovery program that can do memory cards, you can get a trial version to see how successful it would be. If it's looking promising you can buy a 1 month licence to do the job.
    +1, I used Recuvva when my memory card became corrupted and I managed to recover most of the photos.
    What brand? Some SD card manufacturers have recovery software on their website.
    Author
    Samsung evo it is
    Lesson 1 always backup
    Lesson 2 always backup the backup.
    Author
    Tried recuva just says invalid file size so won't scan. Googled it and seems that's as far as itll go.
    Trying easeus now
    Backup, backup, backup
    Really old thread - yes, I know, but it's still useful info..

My pc is a Win 10 Pro 64bit. My 3D printer regularly messes up SD cards, because there is no way to safely eject. Every time this happens, re-inserting it into the fixes it. (Put it in a SD reader and insert USB into a Windows box - Windows should complain that there is a problem, and offer to scan and repair).

At least it'll fix the disk size.

If there still isn't anything visible, use Recuva on deep scan.
's avatar