Posted 9 December 2022

MSC Northern Europe

Morning folks,

I'm off on the MSC Northern Europes cruise next week, was just wondering in terms of itinerary and excursions, are they really worth paying for? Looking at a map, the ports seem somewhat close to the city centres but then again with the cold weather, is it worth just paying £20 return shuttle bus tickets each?

Has anyone been on recently? What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You can consider hop-on hop-off bus if you don't know where to go. Check the timetable for the hop-on hop-off bus before purchase (edited)
    Which specific cruise is it ,as I may know some of the ports?
    Author
    48974773-iKGqU.jpg
    This is the cruise itinerary
    Hamburg cruise port is well out of Town , so worth considering paying for shuttle. Have a look on Youtube 'one couples adventure' have started uploading their trip , think they have only done as far as Hamburg so far but tend to put a video up every couple of days.
    Thanks for the itinerary. Rotterdam port is about 40 minutes by coach from the city centre, so I'm with in suggesting you pay the £20. Zeebrugge to Bruges is only about 20 minutes, but I have never managed to get back to the port without a taxi, in theory there's a tram, but again the convenience of the organised pick up/drop off means less hassle, especially when you're departure is near peak traffic times. The boat never strands their own bus!
    If I was visiting Hamburg I'd want to go to miniatur-wunderland.com/. Check out some of the YouTube videos
    I recently did this cruise (but didn't stop at Rotterdam).

Hamburg - MSC run a shuttle bus to the city centre for around £10 each return. Definitely worth doing as it's too far to walk. Makes it so much easier.

Zebrugge - I booked a shuttle coach with a third party that I found online. Was about £20 for a return to Bruges and we could get any coach back up to the departure time of the cruise.

Le Havre - it's walking distance to the main city and there's plenty of buses etc in the city.
's avatar