Posted 17 April 2024

Need a printer ASAP!

Hi everyone.

Sadly, my Epson Office (BX535WD) has died after years of honorable service

I need a replacement ASAP.

Features I need/prefer are print/copy/scan; auto doubled sided; colour and cheap ink cartridges.

Many thanks in advance 😁
Community Updates
New Comment

21 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You can get OEM ink for Canons which they're happy to accept as real.
    For future reference, you mean "non-OEM".

OEM would be the company that manufactures the genuine branded item. (edited)
    I would've said Epson Ecotank as it's been good for a few months and cheap to run.

BUT, it's had a horrible paper jam in it (paper concerta'd deep inside, no easy way to pull it out in one piece or even remove panels to get to it.)

Now it's not pulling any paper through, so I'd avoid Epson, they seem very poorly designed and built.
    Author
    That's a shame. I've heard good things about them. Can you RMA it back to the seller?
    I had a need for a quick replacement - went for a Canon TR4750i from Argos click & collect. Auto duplex, auto document feeder, scanner (&fax!) for £44.9952595951-LM9q4.jpg
    Author
    How are the Canons for ink cost?

Edit: I Should have specified that I'd prefer a screen on the printer, sorry! (edited)
    I guess avoid HP ones.
    Author
    Been there, done that
    Epson Home Expression, old model I know but it does what you want, and mine is still going after several years with no problems, I even got a firmware update just yesterday.
    [deleted]
    You're joking, of course. They bricked thousands of printers because they were 'concerned for the users exoerience' or some such crap when people unsubscribe from their ink subscription con . If anyone wants to buy an HP paperweight, I've got one. Will never buy HP again.
    Author
    How's the Brother for costs of ink?
    I’d stick to Epson. As someone else said the cheap inks are great. I have an old
    Xp 442 I think it’s called. Literally a couple of quid for ink on eBay (29XL). Not the best for printing photos but documents etc absolutely fine 
    Search for suggestions; this is a common question (Select SEARCH and then choose either discussions or deals)
's avatar