Posted 6 days ago

NEW clothes dryer advice

Hello,

I'm in a search for a clothes dryer and as I missed the Samsung deal(hotukdeals.com/dea…599) I need to buy something else.

We moved house and here I have an integrated washer one year old but I struggle to dry clothes(small radiators low temp in them to have efficiency from boiler ).

I have 2 options: preferable to replace the washer with a washer dryer or to buy a dryer.

I think more efficient will be to buy a standalone dryer, I saw: lg.com/uk/…uk/ and with Blue light card discount I can buy it for £745, but only 2 years warranty

I saw this integrated washer dryer: aeg.co.uk/lau…bi/ -£880.-2 years warranty(4 kg drying capacity only)

I also have a Beko washer dryer(from my previous house) but is not integrated and I'm not sure that I can use it without to connect it to the drain to dry clothes as I need to rinse it after each cycle and the water need to go somewhere and will be more than a bucket.

I saw Samsung offer 5 years on dryers.

I don't need to dry 10 kg but I need something to keep my clothes in good condition after drying and preferable to be also as economic is possible to run

We do 1 load daily.

I'll like to ask for advice on what to pick(if you have dryers that work well) or deal to share on a dryer.

Thank you
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I wouldn't recommend a washer dryer as they're not particularly reliable. Source: I used to sell them. Also £745 for a dryer is a lot of money you can get a 10kg condenser for about £300+ but that all depends on what you want to spend I suppose.
    Author
    Thank you, Is not that I want to spend £700 I just think that if it will damage a few clothes a year it will go more expensive than £700. Also being A+++ I think it will save money in it's life. I'm not happy to spend a lot, all I want is to spend smart.
    I would investigate the use of a dehumidifier, it meets most of your criteria and has other benefits too.
    Author
    I think de dehumidifier will not move enough air or blow enough air on the clothes to dry them, I was thinking to try a simple fan but the clothes are on more than one level.
    If you've got the space, a heat pump dryer will be cheaper to run and is kinder to clothes due to the lower drying temperature. At one wash a day, with the electricity savings over a standard condenser it will pay for itself quite quickly.

If you haven't got space, there are a couple of heat pump washer dryers on the UK market, but neither are integrated and one sticks out at the front and allegedly rips clothes, and the other has a very compact heat exchanger, and isn't as efficient as separate appliances. And I wouldn't imagine either would be easy to work on when they need repair.
's avatar