Posted 19 hours ago

PC case suggestions

Not too expensive, £40-100 probably. I currently have a Cougar MX410-G which is OK but I can't control the fan speed, they connect to a onboard controller. ARGB isn't vital, I guess I could put all new fans in my current case but not sure. How do case fans normally connect together? I mean a lot of cases have 4 fans and most motherboards don't have 4 fan headers? my Motherboard is a B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 so case needs to support ATX (but be small, mid tower probably) and support 3070 founders card.

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I have a fractal design c silent one and build quality is good. I've heard the meshify c ones are good too. If your into lighting etc then you can get the tempered glass panels with it to, but I prefer noise reduction myself.

In terms of your fans you can either have them run off a header with splitters which sounds like you are doing or by usigm a fan hub..I have noctua fans in my case, using splitters for the front and the motherboard can control the speed through pwm. Seems to work fine but you may have to make sure that the fans don't overdraw current wise.
    Can't you fit new fans & just connect to the motherboard?
    I just had a look at your case. If you take the side cover off it should expose the controller & you should be able to disconnect the fans you want to (and disconnect the controller) & plug the fans directly in to the motherboard.

If you want to change the fans the front cover looks like it pulls straight off to access the screws to remove the fans.

Have a look for yourself at the instruction manual for the case itself. You will be able to download it somewhere online. (edited)
    Author
    Just had a look at mine, the fan connectors actually have 6 pins but two aren't used. some weird proprietary format check out 16:35:
    Just seen some argb 4 pin fans on here today I might get. Still might get a new case though for a change.

's avatar