Posted 22 March 2023

Amazon Luna Cloud Gaming Service Now Available to Customers in the UK

Amazon has finally launched its cloud gaming platform outside the US.

Amazon Luna is now in the UK, Germany and Canada too, with the service and dedicated controller becoming available.

Amazon Luna is the retailer's answer to Cloud Gaming with Xbox Game Pass, Nvidia GeForce Now and the now defunct Google Stadia. It allows users to play games across multiple devices by streaming video of live gameplay over the internet from a remote server, with the controller movements heading the other way.

4106592_1.jpg

What does Amazon Luna offer in the UK and how much is it?
Amazon Prime members get a rotating selection of games to play as part of their existing subscription, at no extra cost. You just need to sign in to the service and away you go.

Alternatively, a larger selection of games are available to play as part of a Luna+ subscription. This costs £8.99 per month in the UK and includes titles across a healthy number of different genres - action, adventure and classic games included.

In addition, a separate subscription to Ubisoft+ Multi Access gives access to a vast library of Ubisoft games for £14.99 per month. This includes the likes of Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, the Tom Clancy games, and Far Cry shooters. Finally, a Jackbox Games subscription offers the off-the-wall party games studio's many titles for £3.99 per month.

Ubisoft has today announced that Luna support has been added for the publisher's UK subscribers via Ubisoft+ Multi Access. This allows them to access their Ubisoft+ subscription and games via PC and now Luna across multiple devices.

4106592_1.jpg
The Amazon Luna Controller
The Luna Controller is designed and optimized for Luna, connecting directly to the cloud via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to effortlessly control your game and reduce gameplay latency. Thanks to Luna Controller’s technology, gamers can seamlessly switch between compatible screens — such as Fire TV to mobile phone — without additional pairing or configuration changes. You can purchase an Amazon Luna Controller for £59.99.

FYI - You won’t need to buy a Luna Controller to play these games, with Luna supporting third-party controllers and touch controls.

4106592_1.jpg

Now through March 31, Prime members in the United States, Canada, Germany, and the United Kingdom can play these following games:

· The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
· Get Packed: Couch Chaos
· Mega Man 11
· Sail Forth

Coming in April, Prime members can access these titles through Prime Gaming on Luna:

· Yakuza Kiwami 2
· Horizon Chase Turbo
· The Jackbox Games Party Pack 3
· The Adventure Pals

4106592_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

28 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Just checked and my Stadia Controller works on Luna (via PC)
    Interesting, Mine isn't recognised. Have you unlocked and using it via BT?
    So is luna a app which you need the firestick for? Or a standalone app? Which devices are people using it on?
    I think you can play luna via a browser, app on compatible phones/tabs/pc or a firestick. I've only tried it on the pc app
    Glad it's not called Alexa again
    I've just had a peep and linked my Ubisoft account to it. Nice to see my games there for streaming to the TV if I fancy it.
    Cheers for this
    Can you use the stadia controller?
    Wonder if I could use my stadia controller with it
    Should do
    To people asking if you can use your stadia controller, I think so Bluetooth controllers should work
    This should work with Stadia controller id imagine and if it is not yet supported i am sure it will be in the future one way or another, Xbox/PS4(5?) will work, which is nice seen as Amazon want far far too much for their official controller.
    I got the free trial and it's playing almost as well as Stadia did. Kinda good to have Stadia vibes again. Currently enjoying Sonic Colours!
    Why has this deal been hidden away in discussions? This is a great freebie for people with prime, you get a rotation of free games every month and you're able to stream some Ubisoft games that you own for free...
    Ah, I've just realised this is a duscussion. Therefore I rescind my vote.
    It was posted as a deal. Just changed to a discussion
    Interesting. So it's basically Stadia but by Amazon or am I missing something?
    Can I use a different controller and not their overpriced one?
    Did they buy Stadia servers then?
    So I'm confused does the Amazon Luna controller connect to your router or does it connect directly to the Amazon servers?
    Anyone that has an Amazon Luna Controller - how is it? Is it pretty much the same as the Stadia controller?
    My unlocked Stadia doesn't work with the Luna win app with Bluetooth.
's avatar