Posted 4 January 2024

Projector lamp or bulb

Recently the bulb in my BenQ w1070 stopped working. Got a red light on lamp button. Checked and it looks like I need to change the bulb however the projector is fairly new with hardly 1000 hours on it as I use it only for movies may be twice a month.

Anyone knows if there is another known issue with this projector?

If not, should I just change the bulb or the whole lamp with casing?

Lastly, anyone can recommend a good place to buy bulb or lamp?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I had a little google, and it appears that the device was first marketed over a decade ago, and discontinued 8 years ago. I'm not sure if that maybe casts some light on the situation. Did your vendor maybe sell you a sneaky refurb? Or was it stock that's been sitting in a warehouse for years?

Unfortunately, lamps tend to be considered as consumables, so tend to have warranties which warrant against DOA or premature death, but not much longer than that. I'd speak with your vendor and see if they can assist, even if it's just to give you a discount on a replacement part.
    Bulbs are super easy to change, done a few on Optoma projectors, usually there's a little screw, then opens a window kind of thing and you just unclip the old bulb, put a new one in and job done
    I think I will need to change the lamp or LED or what ever it is in my Epson EH-TW5700 3LCD soon as I have now got the image setting as dynamic so I get a bright picture still.
    When I originally got my projector dymanic was far too bright and vivid for me.
    Is it easy changing the bulbs or LED??
's avatar