Posted 13 November 2021

Refused O2 Contract

So I'm trying to get this deal:
hotukdeals.com/dea…984

I got it for myself around 3 days ago, order went through no issue. Today I needed to order the same contract for my son, wife, and daughter (all on the same O2 account).

Ordered my sons, again no issue. Next attempted to order my wifes and all of a suddent get this message (attached).

Any idea why this has happened? My credit is absolutley fine, I've never been refused anything in my life. On each order it needs to do a credit check so is it maybe just too many checks in a short space of time?

I need to get this ordered as my old contract is expiring soon. Would appreciate any advice.

3823938-0pxlO.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Performing more than 2 hard checks in 6 months will hurt your credit rating so isn’t sensible.

It might be some hard limit on orders per day or something like that
    The fact that it’s emphasing business policies more than credit checks seems to me like it’s got nothing to do with your credit check
    mas12313/11/2021 20:10

It has to be under my name as any additional sims I get are eligible for a …It has to be under my name as any additional sims I get are eligible for a 20% discount. If I use her name it won't be eligible.Yea I'm not sure why they don't have the ability to order multiple sims at once which is why I had to do it that way. I also can't contact O2 directly and do this over the phone as it's a USwitch only deal.

You can still get the 20% loyalty discount if its in her name, the discount works for anyone in your family. You can apply if after you've ordered the sim
    Its a fraud block.

And also it says "and may not be available to existing customers". So are you now an existing customer? (edited)
    Author
    Willy_Wonka13/11/2021 23:26

Its a fraud block.And also it says "and may not be available to existing …Its a fraud block.And also it says "and may not be available to existing customers". So are you now an existing customer?

Yes I think it could be a fraud block which is why I left it and may try again another day. I was an exisiting customer ever since I took the first contract out, but I don't think it's that as O2 themselves say I can get up to 20 additonal sims added.
    Contact them directly and explain the issue / your particular scenario.
    mas12313/11/2021 23:21

Thanks, so whats the requirement for getting the discount, we just have to …Thanks, so whats the requirement for getting the discount, we just have to live at the same address?

Yep, that's all that is needed
    I had same issue. I took out a contract for my wife. The same contract came up a week later alot cheaper so I took out 1 for me and 1 for her (cancelled first 1) then got a decline for the 3rd one. Its to do with fraud I am told. Even though I was trying for a genuine reason the system flagged 3 contracts as odd in such a short space of time. I stupidly tried again... dont it will decline. Moral of the story is I now had to buy a phone and get a sim only deal
    Author
    I tried again today, done it from my phone this time on 5G as I suspected it may be an IP Address issue. It worked. Needed to get one final one but that one failed again. However the fail message is now different and actually has an email address you can contact. I've emailed them so hopefully can get it sorted.
    Try it in her name?
    Author
    Gollywood13/11/2021 20:02

Try it in her name?

It has to be under my name as any additional sims I get are eligible for a 20% discount. If I use her name it won't be eligible.

deleted240282413/11/2021 20:09

Performing more than 2 hard checks in 6 months will hurt your credit …Performing more than 2 hard checks in 6 months will hurt your credit rating so isn’t sensible. It might be some hard limit on orders per day or something like that

Yea I'm not sure why they don't have the ability to order multiple sims at once which is why I had to do it that way. I also can't contact O2 directly and do this over the phone as it's a USwitch only deal. (edited)
    mas12313/11/2021 20:10

It has to be under my name as any additional sims I get are eligible for a …It has to be under my name as any additional sims I get are eligible for a 20% discount. If I use her name it won't be eligible.Yea I'm not sure why they don't have the ability to order multiple sims at once which is why I had to do it that way. I also can't contact O2 directly and do this over the phone as it's a USwitch only deal.

A few years ago o2 only let you have 2 refresh deals or so I was told by them at the time, suspect it’s the same issue with this. In the end I needed to buy 2 and the wife 2, seems a bit daft when people have more than two on a family.
    Author
    Corkscrew13/11/2021 22:04

You can still get the 20% loyalty discount if its in her name, the …You can still get the 20% loyalty discount if its in her name, the discount works for anyone in your family. You can apply if after you've ordered the sim

Thanks, so whats the requirement for getting the discount, we just have to live at the same address?
's avatar