Posted 6 January 2024

Replacement doorbell and outdoor camera.

Hi all, looking at replacing my blink video doorbell as its weather sealing is starting to not be as good, I had one replaced by blink for the same reason, and this one out of guarantee. So looking for recommendations on a decent replacement for it.
Also looking for recommendations to replace another outdoor camera, currently using a GALAYOU I got off amazon, which is not the best. Only records 10second clips and it powers off when it gets cold and night vision isn't great. Sometimes doesn't like to load clips when viewing via the app. It's wireless range isn't the best.
I would need battery power on both.
Many thanks in advance for replies.
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Cams using the Vicohome app permit the user to select event recording time of 10secs, 15secs or 20secs.
    Not convinced there's a benefit to event footage beyond multiple 20secs as presumably you can't access the recording until it's finished, so if say for example the recording time was set to mythical 30secs you wouldn't be able to react to the content of the event until the event had likely well-passed.
    However VH notifications are "rich" and include a snapshot of the event trigger in the notification.

Vicohome cool down time (time between event recordings) can be set to off, 1min, 3min, 5min.

Microbrands using Vicohome include
    Howiray
    LongPlus
    Techage
    Dzees
    Dihoom
    Anlife
    NGTeco
    G-Homa
    Beenocam
    Hacevida
    Hiseeu
    Unilook
    Geekee
    and probably multiple others
    but check any specific cam as these microbrands use whatever app is available from the OEM.
    I'd get in contact with them again and see whether they can replace it again even if it's out of warranty based on the fact it's failed twice
    The (UK) trader is obligated to ensure product quality and durability and if busted more than once it's an instant rejection and refund.
's avatar