Posted 13 January 2024

Router/Modern router/adsl/VDSL - whatever the heck they are these days!

Ok so I am due to move to Onestream from Vodafone, and although they apparently piggyback the VF network, I am led to believe the VF router will not work with Onestream.

They supply a "standard" router for x a month over a 24 month contract which works out horrendous for a bog standard router so I chose to supply my own.

Here is where the nightmare begins, there are so many different router deals on here and some good deals, but all seem to be FTTP optimized and don't include a built in modern.

I want to ensure that if I'm buying a new router that is future proof as much as possible so am looking for WiFi 6/6E but going through all the specs and actually finding something is becoming a complete PITA.

PLEASE can someone recommend a decent ADSL/VDSL router around the 100 pound Mark

Forever grateful
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    TP Link VX230V Is my go-to recommendation at the moment of a cheap VDSL Router that supports WiFi 6. You can generally pick them up well within budget on eBay. This is the premium model that Onestream supply for an additional monthly charge the last time I checked.

If you liked the Vodafone router, then you could pick up a Technicolor DGA4134. This is very similar to the Vodafone router and made by the exact same people, but with the addition of WiFi 6 built in too. Again, you should be able to get one of these well within your budget from various places.

As an added bonus, the above models all support VoIP as well, so should you have opted for landline services, you can make use of this too.
    Author
    Thank you, will investigate