Posted 12 November 2020

Sainsburys PS5 games for sale

With the double up event being active and most online retailers already shipping PS5 games does anyone know if Sainsburys will be having them available to buy instore?
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    Deedie12/11/2020 08:28

i was wondering the same thing about currys. was hoping to pick up miles …i was wondering the same thing about currys. was hoping to pick up miles morales instore today as i have a voucher. but not available for collection. i know consoles wont be instore, buts was hoping games would be

I'll head instore at lunch and take a look. Funnily enough will be receiving my copy of Demons Souls from Base.com today....
    adegville112/11/2020 08:35

I'll head instore at lunch and take a look. Funnily enough will be …I'll head instore at lunch and take a look. Funnily enough will be receiving my copy of Demons Souls from Base.com today....

yes i just got delivery notification for my ac valhalla and pulse headset from amazon. stupid that they have released these before the console. i have been hoping that they would surprise us all and say "heres your ps5, a week early". wishful thinking (edited)
    Most of Sainsbury's electricals are no longer available, all moved into Argos. If you have a big store with no Argos nearby you may have a chance.
    I went to Sainsbury’s last night and the games were pretty much all gone but they thought they may have a delivery of games last night best bet is to call the Sainsbury’s and get them to check and hold the game for you. The Sainsbury’s I went to had an Argos inside too.
    Author
    Just been to a store at lunch (No attached Argos but there is an Argos nearby at the retail park) asked one of the people restocking the entertainment aisle and they were under the impression they would NOT be getting any PS5 games or consoles instore.

Managed to get AC: Valhalla though for £1.99 using a £50 voucher using double up
    Author
    FrugalFergal13/11/2020 08:20

A question for anyone out there. Could I buy a PS4 game now with my …A question for anyone out there. Could I buy a PS4 game now with my voucher, keep it sealed and then return it to exchange it for a PS5 version in the coming weeks?

Doesn't look as though Sainsbury's are going to be selling any PS5 games as most contain an Argos instore now and all sales will be done through there.

Most games have free upgrades to PS5 though, so no need to return? It's what I did with Valhalla
    i was wondering the same thing about currys. was hoping to pick up miles morales instore today as i have a voucher. but not available for collection.
    i know consoles wont be instore, buts was hoping games would be
    Are Sainsbury’s even selling games and consoles anymore ?, my local stopped selling them around a month ago.
    Following...hopefully they will have some ps5 stuff before it ends on the 17th
    I checked an asda and currys today. Neither have ps5 games
    A question for anyone out there. Could I buy a PS4 game now with my voucher, keep it sealed and then return it to exchange it for a PS5 version in the coming weeks?
    adegville113/11/2020 09:08

Doesn't look as though Sainsbury's are going to be selling any PS5 games …Doesn't look as though Sainsbury's are going to be selling any PS5 games as most contain an Argos instore now and all sales will be done through there.Most games have free upgrades to PS5 though, so no need to return? It's what I did with Valhalla

My local Sainsburys has an Argos. Its a shame you cant use the nectar double up voucher on that. I'll be popping into a malrger sainsburys this weekend that doesnt have an Argos to see which games they have.

I just read PS4 games are upgradeable to PS5 but do find the Spiderman upgrade options a bit confusing.

I have Spiderman on PS4 and I was ideally looking to get Spiderman Miles Morales PS5 Ultimate because it seems its the only way to play Spiderman Remastered. If I do get MM on PS4 I will get the upgrade on PS5 but I guess there is no way to get Spiderman Remastered. Maybe they'll sell it as a standalone one day (edited)
's avatar