Posted 13 June 2023

Samsung Galaxy A54 help please

My Huawei Pro 20 is reaching the end of its useful life so looking to replace. Originally was going to go for the Google Pixel 6a but unfortunately I have a specific app (global.medtronic.com/xg-…tml) which it appears the Pixel cannot accept (I'm no techy) and this is also the reason I need to change my Huawei.
Both Samsung and Medtronic have been of little or no help with regard to the A54 being able to download the app although the Medtronic site does mention certain Samsung models (but not the A54) but also gives iOS and android details (???) .
Grateful if anyone could put my mind at ease before I spend c. £350 on the 'phone.
Thanks for any help or indeed any other possible suggestions for a replacement 'phone of a similar value that I should possibly be looking at maybe in the Samsung range as I'm keen to stick with Android and not go over to Apple.
THANKS.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I have a Samsung Galaxy A53 which is I suppose pretty similar to the A54 so tried downloading the app and it downloaded ok despite the A53 not being listed. They (mediotronic) listed the Galaxy M53 as compatible. I looked at the reviews and comments and there was a link to email the developer at pshelp@mediotronic.com, don't know if this will help
    This is what I get on a pixel 6a if I tap on your link then tap on "get it on Google play"
    50369892-LQr94.jpgI've gone a step further out of interest and found the app APK on apkpure website and downloaded it but when I try to install it I get this so no it definitely won't work on a pixel 6a.
    50369892-oxHKd.jpg (edited)
    Author
    Many thanks Mr Plow - I'm hoping someone with an A54 can do similar to put my mind at rest as I'm 95% sure the Samsung Galaxy will accept the the app but Samsung were less helpful than a chocolate teapot and Medtronic suggested I buy an Apple 'phone.
    [deleted]
    Author
    I have the base station at the moment but travel abroad a lot so just want the ease of bluetooth/mobile to save taking the base unit. Family members have the Pixel and they tried downloading my Medtronic link - no luck. I also thought it sensible to start carrying my 'phone with me whilst running something I've not done in the past.
    Author
    I_Zebra - thanks so much for your help and the link which I had failed to find.....things looking good.
    Author
    Now found this deal >dealmonday.co.uk/sam…ite

Reviews seem a bit mixed re Deal Monday as they seem to source from abroad ~ given I'm no tecky if the app does load am I likely to face any further problems?
's avatar