Posted 5 hours ago

Seeking Printer Recommendation After Cancelling HP Monthly Plan

My HP officejet printer is no longer working!
I recently unsubscribed from the HP monthly plan and now my printer is redundant!!

I no longer want a monthly subscription plan and therefore now looking for a printer with the following -

Duplex Printing
Scanner Inc network scan
Decent photo prints
Photocopy
Email print

The printer will be used for a family relating to work, hoke work for children and holiday snaps/scans.

Budget £200 with cheapish ink or toner.

Appreciate any recommendations.

My printer prior to the HP was Epson.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I always recommend Canon (with Brother a second best) and I am certain you will find one which satisfies all your criteria and be under budget.
    I replaced my HP with a Canon TR4750i
    I believe it’s not working, because you still have your instaink cartridge, in the printer ..

someone on here told me, it just needs removing, and replaced with your own cartridge (I can’t confirm if this is the case though)
    Cannot recommensd a model but brand wise - Brother - has been so reliable and no hassle
    I cancelled a HP Ink subscription a few months back. You have to uninstall the Instant Ink cartridges that were sent as part of the HP ink subscription, and then buy your own to install. So it's the chip in the print cartridge that's blocked from printing, rather than the printer itself

instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/…rms

After you cancel the Subscription Ink Service, HP will remotely disable the subscription cartridge, so you will no longer be able to print with it. You will then have the option to return the subscription cartridge to HP. No refunds will issue for any unused ink. To continue printing after cancellation, you will need to purchase a regular HP cartridge compatible with your printer.
's avatar