Posted 6 December 2023

Selena Vasile Limited - Dehumidifier - Scam

Selena Vasile Limited

I’ve purchased a dehumidifier from Selena Vasile Limited, a Meaco 20l for £139.00. They have quite a few of the better dehumidifiers going for less than others sellers. Thought it was cheap, a bargain for what seemed a quality product.
The company exists on Companies House but after purchase, some doubts and then further checks I’m sure it is a scam. The address on street view, the phone number, the mobile text response, the lack of reviews and the contact information.

selenavasile.com/
Selena Vasile Limited
Company No: 14546988
Phone Number: 02080405200
Email: info@selenavasile.com
Address: 42 Cashs Lane, Coventry, CV1 4DS, United Kingdom

If anybody has anything else to add to confirm this then please do so to help others, I don’t want any others to get caught. I couldn’t find any way to leave a review on the company or it’s products to flag the issue. I now have to wait until I can apply for a chargeback claim with my credit card.

It seems anybody can set up a fake shop and promote it easily.
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    Wow, and another pops up…same website and format, don’t order from these. 

essexsawyer.com/
    Essex Sawyer LTD
    Phone Number: 02080405400
    Email: info@essexsawyer.com
    Address: 88 North Street, Hornchurch, RM11 1SR, United Kingdom
    Essex Sawyer - Dehumidifier - scam
    Was just about to post about this website being a scam as i've been looking for a Dehumidifier and they popped up on google shopping.
    Yes, I stupidly bought a dehumidifier from Essex Sawyer. I’d be watching the make / model for a while waiting for it to come in stock in high street retailers. This company popped up at the top of Google search a few days ago and they were in stock at half price! I thought at the time it was too good to be true but I was desperate to buy one. It’s a fake company and I’ve been scammed. Very professional looking website, looked genuine, address and phone number, listed on companies house etc. damn it! So annoyed with myself! Usually pride myself on being able to spot such dodgy stuff. (edited)
    Author
    I did exactly the same, at least this thread now highlights the first 2 companies on Google searches.
    I’ve been told to wait until at least 7 days, that is beyond the delivery period and start my credit card chargeback process. 
    100% scam. I fell for the Ada & Kramer today after looking up companies house. Had to call bank to cancel, clearly same site under different names. Such a shame it is so easy for scammers to use google ad, I reported it on google too. 
    Ouch. I used to be so savvy; clearly I'm getting old, credulous and greedy.
    I fell for Essex Sawyer's smart-looking website and dazzling prices last Wednesday after googling Meaco as a known quality brand; only got suspicious when the links to my order details and the website in the order acknowledgement email stopped working yesterday.
    Then I tried emailing them, with no reply. Then I tried the phone number, which was of course unobtainable. Then I found this discussion, which of course I should have searched for first of all. Doh.
    I will report it to Google, but have no great expectations that doing so will make much difference.
    Part of pre-purchase due diligence is to assess if the source site is
    credible
    definitively associated to / run by the claimed operator
    has mandatory ICO registration.

The (inferred) site has none of above,
    so sending money to that site on the pretense of a purchase would be reckless.
    Author
    I did check on companies house and they are registered so went ahead with the purchase. Then after receiving a text message acknowledgement for my order I started to wonder.
    They are on the Shop.app, giving a shop window, information and tracking but that must also be leading to the fake site and profile.
    The annoying thing about these fake/scam sites is that Goggle are promoting them on the shopper banner and getting paid for it.
    I guess most people wouldn't have even stumbled across these scam sites in the first place.
    Looks like they are a romanian cleaner
    Another Google search shows at least two other professional scam websites for this product. Similar web sites. Someone is making a lot of money out of this! Grrr.
    Author
    Next companies.

Ada & Kramer LTD - Dehumidifier - Scam
    adakramer.com/
    Ada & Kramer LTD
    Company No: 12961869
    Phone Number: 02080406800
    Email: info@adakramer.com
    Address: 3 Jarvis Close, Barking, IG11 7PZ, United Kingdom

praseta.co. - dehumidifier - scam
    praseta.co/
    support@praseta.co
    Or call us at: +44 7389 182655.
    Business Address: Normura House, 1 St Martins Le Grand, London, England, EC1A 4NP, United Kingdom.

praseta.com. - dehumidifier - scam
    praseta.com/
    • support@praseta.com
    • Or call us at: +44 7451 293116.
    • Business Address: 29 Coopers Close, Cephas Street, London, E1 4BB, United Kingdom.
    Hi all. I have just bought a dehumidifier from a website called Ada & Kramer UK. I’ve also been waiting for updates but nothing. The same as Selena Vasille, they have all the information on companies house and so on. The company also based in Essex. Please be aware 
    Brown and meadows is the new one.
    Never trust companies house. They simply take a small fee and do zero checks.
    At least one member here will likely have had squatters. Companies house squatters.
    Some UK streets are fully populated with companies house squatters.
's avatar