Posted 15 November 2023

Tablet for my 4 year old.

Hi guys.
Just asking for some advice.
My 4 year old enjoys playing games like cbeebies playtime island and go create on mine and my wife's phone.
We are thinking about getting her a tablet for Christmas. With black Friday around the corner I thought it would be a good time to start looking.
We don't have a tablet or computer in the house and this tablet would be for her use only as we don't see the need in a family tablet/computer.
Any parents out there? What would you recommend? I've seen the Amazon Fire kids tablets, are they any good? A lot of reviews say they are slow. Which worries me slightly but on the other hand they are kid friendly.
Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Make sure the display can do 120Hz, sounds a minor point but it makes it a hell of a lot more responsive and less laggy.

I'd recommend stock Android too over any where the manufacturers put their own on.
    that's the display but the processor and ram is what makes it laggy! no need for 120hz on a kid's tablet!
    i got my son a hudl back in the day. most kids games are not demanding. click here . what animal is this? draw this shape. watching youtube videos of songs. so an amazon tablet is good but better if you can get the google play store on which is normally a little hack. otherwise second hand lenovos are good value.
    You can route google play onto a fire tablet it’s dead simple to do
    Do not buy a fire tablet. You may as well take the money and throw it in the bin. They're just awful. I can recommend the honor tablets. Both my kids have had theirs for about 5 years now and still going strong.
    Author
    Thank you. I will have a look
    Honor x9 which is currently at £139, Google Play Store already installed. If you get the Amazon tablet you'll need to do some extra work to get the Play Store on the device. Unless you're technically able to do that then I don't recommend the Amazon tablet.
    Lenovo does some cheap ones as well, with Play Store already on the device. 
    Author
    Thank you. I did see the 64gb Lenovo for £119. I've looked into the Amazon ones and I don't fancy messing with it so yes either the honour or Lenovo. Thank you for your input
's avatar