Posted 1 day ago

tablet switches off by itself

My ancient but well liked Huwaei media pad M3 lite has started to shut down randomly after few minutes of use. I've done a forced start in safe mode and also a factory reset and deleted all installed apps but probem persists
the battery shows as taking a charge but even so am assuming thats where the problem lies
Am tempted to get replacement off eBay as they can be had for £15 but in case thats going to be money wasted am I missing some other possible cause ? Device is just used for browsing
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    And you've done a full factory reset. A hard reset where it wipes everything Vs a soft reset?

I don't know then

Best guess battery has fault causing it to shut down regardless . Worth £15 to try and fix
    Author
    Yes done a wipe everything reset. Was just wanting to check that battery is likeliest fault so will try that for £15

Many thanks for reply
    +1 that combination of "ancient" and any power-related weirdness can typically be attributed to busted battery being end of life.
    Will it stay on when charging?
    Author
    No same thing happens. Battery seems to run down and charge up as normal but problem is there regardless of charge level shown and whether or not connected to charger
    Author
    Should add that when I say switches off I mean it shuts down and has to be restarted by hard reset - holding down power and volume button it won't just turn on with power switch
's avatar