Posted 7 December 2021

Tesco online stock store checker

Is there anywhere online I can check stock at my local Tesco before I order online before they cancel as no stock especially wine cheers
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

53 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    For all those wondering how to check stock, here is how you do it (seeing as nobody has been helpful to those asking)

1. On the homepage of the groceries app, click browse all groceries

46856305_1.jpg

2. Click check your local store stock

46856305_1.jpg

3. Search for your game or change store and search

46856305_1.jpg

To those on teesside. Stockton Extra has Metroid
    46856305-uKBid.jpg (edited)
    zapp.brannigan07/02/2022 12:45

[Image] I don’t have any of the above options available on the app. This i …[Image] I don’t have any of the above options available on the app. This is my home screen

Your pic shows the clubcard app and not the groceries app I think?
    For the button I mentioned above you need to be using the groceries app.
    I have had communication with Tesco on Twitter. They don’t have a clue why it’s doing this either. Just essentially told me to sit tight until they figure it out

07sanchez07/02/2022 15:57

For all those wondering how to check stock, here is how you do it (seeing …For all those wondering how to check stock, here is how you do it (seeing as nobody has been helpful to those asking)1. On the homepage of the groceries app, click browse all groceries[Image] 2. Click check your local store stock[Image] 3. Search for your game or change store and search[Image] To those on teesside. Stockton Extra has Metroid [Image]

“Click check your local store stock” ummm yeah, we DON’T have this option, this is what we’re saying. It’s just not there
    46857832-a2ATX.jpg
    If you can see it, go ahead & point it out to us (edited)
    07sanchez07/02/2022 15:57

For all those wondering how to check stock, here is how you do it (seeing …For all those wondering how to check stock, here is how you do it (seeing as nobody has been helpful to those asking)1. On the homepage of the groceries app, click browse all groceries[Image] 2. Click check your local store stock[Image] 3. Search for your game or change store and search[Image] To those on teesside. Stockton Extra has Metroid [Image]

I appreciate the effort I really do. But some of us who are saying we do not have this on their apps really do not have it. See this entry page to the Tesco Groceries app.

46856374-3zhbJ.jpg
    And what I see when I click on the "Browse all groceries" link

46856374-vQuHU.jpg
    Tesco makes bad apps IMO and we're all just well confused
    in the groceries app. click the search button. the top option is to check stock at your local store before visiting.

it doesn't really work i find as i have gone to the store to find it is not in stock, when the app tells me it is. depends on how quickly the store update the stock status i guess, or how popular the store is.
    the.porter07/12/2021 15:56

Cheers just what I wanted so if it just says instock does that mean plenty …Cheers just what I wanted so if it just says instock does that mean plenty ?

It will never be 100% accurate due to timing and of course theft .
    the.porter07/12/2021 15:56

Cheers just what I wanted so if it just says instock does that mean plenty …Cheers just what I wanted so if it just says instock does that mean plenty ?

no. that is what i am saying. i was looking at ale for hubby as that is pretty much the main thing i go to tesco for and i don't want to drive 2.5 miles to the store only to find out they don't have this in stock, and drive back home!

it says there is stock, so off i go. when i got there, didly squat. i thought maybe they all sold out in the 15 minutes it took me to drive to the store, so i checked the stock again on my app, and it still says there is stock.

so i think you can only rely on the 'no stock' rather than the 'in stock' status.

in stock can also mean one item left on the shelf as i found this with the wine. it said in stock and there were 2 bottles on the shelf.
    this sounds like AAA issue, not tesco
    the.porter15/02/2022 01:07

So do you not see[Image] this in the app ?

Nope, yes in the app.

46906825_1.jpg (edited)
    Its on the app (edited)
    mutley107/12/2021 15:53

in the groceries app. click the search button. the top option is to …in the groceries app. click the search button. the top option is to check stock at your local store before visiting.it doesn't really work i find as i have gone to the store to find it is not in stock, when the app tells me it is. depends on how quickly the store update the stock status i guess, or how popular the store is.

Is this true within the iOS groceries app as I can't see any such option...?
    I must be being right a right idiot here. When I click on search this is all I see. Where's the option for local store stock? BTW this is on iOS ...46761207-GAmqL.jpg (edited)
    Flakey doesn't come close. I've tried it now on three iOS devices (2 x iPhone & 1 x iPad) and nothing. Bloody rubbish thing
    Author
    46771140-bJaW5.jpg
    for those who can't see the stock checker on the app, it may be that you are not signed in?
    markbooth03/02/2022 11:56

FYI in IOS, on the homepage of the app you can click the button 'Make an …FYI in IOS, on the homepage of the app you can click the button 'Make an in-store shopping list' this allows you to set a store and then search for items letting you know if its in stock.

That option is not available for me.
    Same here
    shibbrew07/02/2022 16:07

I appreciate the effort I really do. But some of us who are saying we do …I appreciate the effort I really do. But some of us who are saying we do not have this on their apps really do not have it. See this entry page to the Tesco Groceries app.[Image] And what I see when I click on the "Browse all groceries" link[Image] Tesco makes bad apps IMO and we're all just well confused

That's all I get as well, I had it a couple weeks ago so they must have removed the feature in a recent app update
    Finally found where Tesco placed the stock checker option in the Groceries app.

1. Open the Groceries app and tap on “Shop in-store”

46859224-sbIX0.jpg

2. You will see the stock checker option.

46859224-RYGCj.jpg

3. Tap on it and look up items.

Hope this helps someone.
    Swear I’ve tried everything to get the opinion to appear.
    Signed in and out, force quick, re-installed, made a different account, installed on different devices, connected to different networks. Nothing has worked.
    Author
    mutley107/12/2021 15:53

in the groceries app. click the search button. the top option is to …in the groceries app. click the search button. the top option is to check stock at your local store before visiting.it doesn't really work i find as i have gone to the store to find it is not in stock, when the app tells me it is. depends on how quickly the store update the stock status i guess, or how popular the store is.

Cheers just what I wanted so if it just says instock does that mean plenty ?
    Author
    Ok cheers for all your help
    the.porter07/12/2021 16:11

Ok cheers for all your help

if you are looking at the 6 bottles with 25% discount, you will get the 25% discount if they don't have 6 bottles and only deliver 2 for example, by calling customer service.

if they don't have stock and cancel the order altogether, they won't charge you the delivery so there is no risk really.
    When you got there did you ask them to check out the back? The shelf stackers do not scan stock onto the shelf. So it must be registered somewhere, and there is only one place left, and that is the stores
    hardsoulwax24/01/2022 20:48

Is this true within the iOS groceries app as I can't see any such …Is this true within the iOS groceries app as I can't see any such option...?

definitely there on Android. haven't downloaded to ios so can't comment.
    Author
    Yep works on iOS too
    shibbrew25/01/2022 08:59

I must be being right a right idiot here. When I click on search this is …I must be being right a right idiot here. When I click on search this is all I see. Where's the option for local store stock? BTW this is on iOS ...[Image]

The app is flakey. I've tested on various devices running different operating systems and can't get it to show. I asked two colleagues yesterday (with two devices i've already tested), and straight away they could see stock options for local stores.. go figure!
    Nope signed in. Tried it also not signed in. The only thing I can think of is I don't have any stores in my local area which support the stock checker. I've changed iOS devices but not where my phone is when I use the app
    FYI in IOS, on the homepage of the app you can click the button 'Make an in-store shopping list' this allows you to set a store and then search for items letting you know if its in stock.
    So, not sure if I've managed to figure it out, but it's a bit busted for me on iOS too, but I've found that if you go on search, and just enter some gibberish, you'll get a Sorry, we didn't find anything for... and then an option to Browse all groceries. After tapping that then I see the option at the top of the screen to Check your local store stock where you can then choose which store you'd like to check and search that particular store's stock.
    Bit of a roundabout way of doing it, but at least there's still the option I suppose!
    Strange. I’m not sure why they’d have it for some and not others. Looks like this on mine.
    46833833-8m3k9.jpg
    Daniel_Harrow04/02/2022 01:07

So, not sure if I've managed to figure it out, but it's a bit busted for …So, not sure if I've managed to figure it out, but it's a bit busted for me on iOS too, but I've found that if you go on search, and just enter some gibberish, you'll get a Sorry, we didn't find anything for... and then an option to Browse all groceries. After tapping that then I see the option at the top of the screen to Check your local store stock where you can then choose which store you'd like to check and search that particular store's stock.Bit of a roundabout way of doing it, but at least there's still the option I suppose!

Tried that but nothing at all even doing that
    shibbrew04/02/2022 10:13

Tried that but nothing at all even doing that

I'm on android. Open tesco grocery app. Go to home. Click on shop in-store. Select check stock. Choose the store. And you should see it hopefully that helps.
    Bhushan04/02/2022 13:52

I'm on android. Open tesco grocery app. Go to home. Click on shop …I'm on android. Open tesco grocery app. Go to home. Click on shop in-store. Select check stock. Choose the store. And you should see it hopefully that helps.

This isn't available at all. Even with the excellent efforts of everyone on this thread something is happening deep in the Tesco app preventing this stock checking and it's unclear if it's just an iOS thing or it is all platforms.
    Bhushan04/02/2022 13:52

I'm on android. Open tesco grocery app. Go to home. Click on shop …I'm on android. Open tesco grocery app. Go to home. Click on shop in-store. Select check stock. Choose the store. And you should see it hopefully that helps.

I'm on android too. I don't see an option to shop in-store when I go to home.
    david205/02/2022 07:39

I'm on android too. I don't see an option to shop in-store when I go to …I'm on android too. I don't see an option to shop in-store when I go to home.

You need to make sure you are signed in to your tesco account
    No stock checker on iOS and won’t accept calls to check in store ….. long drive for potentially nothing.
    46854791-GpHTY.jpg
    I don’t have any of the above options available on the app. This is my home screen
    markbooth07/02/2022 13:48

Your pic shows the clubcard app and not the groceries app I think? For the …Your pic shows the clubcard app and not the groceries app I think? For the button I mentioned above you need to be using the groceries app.

Aha. Gotcha. Thanks. Downloaded the groceries app but still no stock checker option available

Bhushan05/02/2022 09:18

You need to make sure you are signed in to your tesco account

Done this (on iOS) but still no stock-check option (edited)
    I used to see the stock checker option but guess it was removed with the latest app update (edited)
's avatar