Posted 9 December 2023

Three free sim gives free EU roaming

three.co.uk/pay…sim

This is something I have been using for almost 6 months, and have travelled 3 EU countries spread across the 6 months with no problem at all.

I ordered the free Three sim from their website to use with the Three+ app for the freebies and cinema tickets. In the UK, if you use them to to make calls and texts, it says service not active, or insufficient balance, but if you are in the EU regions which are provided as free roaming, the same sim starts getting 4g connection and allows you free roaming in those countries.

I tried it in Italy, Switzerland and Germany with no issues at all. I am not sure what quantity of data you get, because I have been reluctant in using it all and stopping the service, but for quick directions and food suggestions as a free sim service has been nothing but great.
Community Updates
New Comment

2 Comments

's avatar
    It might be Three data sim with 200MB of free allowance each month, which works all across EU and beyond until you have used all 200MB. Tested many times and it works fine. Otherwise it is a glitch. And one amazing glitch I had from Three, when arrived to the UK from Europe trip few years ago, I had unlimited everything for 14 months on their PAYG sim
    Author
    Naah, I can confirm I do not get 200MB each month. I can also confirm from my phone that I have used about 300 mb on one of the trips so it does look like a glitch