Posted 29 April 2024

Tubi - Free Streaming Movies and TV (VPN Required)

VPN Required tubitv.com/home

Tubi is a free US streaming service offering a wide range of ad-supported films and TV which can be accessed via VPN in the UK. I have tested using Windscribe today.

It has a real mix of content - some good, some bad, some utterly bizarre!

The real selling point for me is that it offers stuff that I can't recall ever seeing on streaming over here. Some early/obscure John Carpenter stuff, Masters of Horror and even a Cinema Speculation section featuring a huge amount of films mentioned in Quentin Tarantino's book.

Well worth a look if you have a VPN.
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Just checked and it's available to use with Control-D if you have that service.
    I'd be careful with ControlD. It's a service that acquired a lot of customers presenting itself as a geo-unblocking service, but now specifically states it isn't a geo-unblocking service. Keep an eye on reddit.com/r/C…lD/ and feedback.controld.com/?vi…ent. I, a paying customer, had an email deleted when I had the temerity to ask for help re a streaming service. Yegor messaged me to say we are not an unblocking service. There's fewer and fewer posts re unblocking. They have utter contempt for their consumer customers since they pivoted to focus on corporate customers.
    How many ads we talking?
    10 min viewing with 3 min of ads seems to be a yank standard.
    Note, you can't use Tubi with an adblocker. If using Surfshark then you need to turn off Cleanweb.
    There is a variety of channels on Tubi, including Ion. But much of its selection can also be found on similar free services, such as Plex.

There is also Pluto which has both UK and yank versions.
    I use moviebox Pro. Quality can sometimes be a bit hit and miss, but if it's too bad I watch something else and go back at another time.
    any utterly bizarre recommendations?

I watched a few tubi movies recently, if I remember correctly they were good, I’ll see if I can find them
    A decent selection indeed. Notice they have "Southland" streaming on there which was fantastic.
    Thank you! This is awesome!
    I use Tubi (favourite), Amazon Feevee, Pluto, Plex and Roku Channel. Here's what's on them, justwatch.com/us?…tbv.

FYI, Roku requires you to authenticate using an email in that browser when you first log on. I have a Dell 7040 I use as my TV PC, and use Firefox to stream. As logging on to Roku requires an email authentication, I use a non-important email address as I don't want my main email address to be available to anybody using the PC.
's avatar