Posted 2 days ago

TV for around £1500

I’ve got a large room (5m x 5m) with two large facing west and south windows. Will be sitting 4m from the tv, mounted in a media wall. 55”-65” limit. 

I’m completely overwhelmed by the choices and specifications available. My main concerns are around brand and LED/OLED/QLED and the best to buy. I mainly stream through a firestick and watch freeview channels. No gaming or high speed 4K sports. I do not subscribe to virgin or sky HD tv although I’m keen to future proof just in case though.

I’m completely confused with mhz and nits and all the other things.

Any comments, advice or recommendations would be really appreciated.
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Whty would you spend £1500 for a stupid TV? For example, Costco has a 75" Hisense on sale for half the price, with 5 years warrenty. (edited)
    You get what you pay for.
    You should be able to get an oled for that type of money. Been deals posted recently for them
    OLED can get screen burn so it might be safer getting a good LED TV instead. My friend looked into it and went for the Sony brand and it does look stunning.
    Modern oleds don'tb have burn in. I have an 2022 oled that's always on kids channels and 0 burn in
    No disrespect to anyone here but if you want some proper advice then go to AV forums. Their expertise is beyond nerdy but you'll get plain simple help if you ask.
's avatar