Posted 5 January 2024

Verisure alarms. Are they worth it?

I'm looking for an alarm system and have seen the adverts for Verisure but are they worth it? I already have a camera doorbell so just looking for an alarm system.
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    An alarm is really a deterrent as it doesn't prevent or slow down entry to a property.
    Burglars don't like them as it increases the risk of a neighbour or passer by seeing them.
    My own professional opinion is that what used to be called a clanger i:e an alarm that isn't linked to a control room somewhere, probably has the same deterrent as a linked one in the short term.
    Obviously it does delay any Police response but that's in the lap of the gods as to whether there are any available.
    Making it hard for them to get in so they go somewhere else has always been what I do at home.
    Good locks, things like locks that go over the handles of patio doors or jams that go up against doors. A lockable side gate that isn't easy to climb over ( this makes them nervous in case they're disturbed). Keeping your windows locked when you're out.
    Smart lighting, a device that looks like a TV is on.
    Oh and they absolutely hate dogs.
    Check on YouTube for "Verisure watchdog".
    Don’t these guys give you the system for almost free in the first year then hike the price up on renewal? Can’t be sure but I think I remember reading something similar.
    Make sure you are aware of monthly subscription costs.
    Also consider the RING alarm system which is wireless.
    Buyer beware.
    Stay away.
    Just buy a Ring alarm, better in every way.
's avatar