Posted 3 September 2023

Virgin Broadband M125 £17/month

My contract is up at the end of September. Was dreading the hassle of cancelling, waiting for a phone call from retentions and/or persuading the Mrs to start a new contract. I like a good story. Go to * to bypass.
Last time retentions phoned AFTER the Mrs started a new contract and offered me the old contract for £17/month. Lost hours of our lives trying to get some guy in India to take back the Virgin router (for her non existent contract).
Eventually gave it to a Virgin engineer I spied one day.

*Anyway looked on here (HUKD) for present trends on Virgin renewals. Then opened the Virgin Media app and clicked on ‘Change your package’ and it offered me M125 x 18/12 for £17/month. I thought it was too good to turn down. Hopefully they will not increase the fee in April 2024. The email confirming the order arrived after 10 days.

‘M125 broadband for £17/month until February 2025.‘
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Got M250 with free weekend calls, 18 months for £18.

Only problem is you have to haggle HARD, which is an unnecessary pain.
    Good, mine was £26
    I got M350 with Talk More Anytime for £17 a month last year. I think getting that aged me about 10 years

I'm debating paying up the final 6 months and moving to one of the social tariffs from someone else though as I qualify a couple of times over. I don't need 350mb internet and I know there's little to no chance I get anything decent for around £20 quid a month with Virgin come next February.
    According to my phone chat on Thursday when they can down to £18pm they will rise in April,but not by the eye watering percentage amount they did this year. That was down to them, they have changed their terms now so he said and it will only be the CPI or RPI amount. So for my new £18pm contract it's supposed to be a very small amount depending on what the above is come next year.
    I’m on 125mb for £17 got this 15m ago as retention deal but the crafty buggers actually put it through as 50mbps volted to 125mb, temped to see what they are going to offer me now to recontract
    I also have 125mb for £17 a month
    Had 500mb for 30£ 'new customer deal', gave my notice, lady told me it's impossible to give me that deal, politely ask to send me the package that I can return their equipment and now waiting for better deal if not,will get a 'new customer deal' for next 18 months on my housemate 👌
    Mine is £20 and not due to be renewed until January. I can’t be bothered with all the haggling, virgin promises deals and then go back on their word. Had a real headache with this last year.
    I’ve had a look at offers thanks for the OP, and signed up for a new contract for a further 18 months for the same price. Happy with that
's avatar