Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 7 days ago

Virgin Media

My contract with Virgin media is up soon. I want to know has anyone got a new customer deal and not taken the 02 sim out ? Or have they closed that loophole now and you have to take the sim as part of the package ?
Thank you
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    When i changed mine about 9 month ago, they tried making me take the sim but i insisted i didn't want it, eventually they offered me a volt package which i accepted with no sim so i was happy with that. I got 350mb for £25 a month
    Took the deal 8 mths ago with the O2 sim, cancelled the sim immediately and still have the volt benefits of double broadband speed.
    We renewed in Feb via the friends n family links that were floating around, just internet only, 1gb which was £24 a month for 18 month's no sim. Not sure if they closed all the links off or not
    Transfered ours when it ran out last
    Month to my wife’s name ‘ new email and new bank details but same address
    I still have 2 O2 SIMs (an original VMM one that now reports as an O2 SIM and new O2 SIM that I never recieved). Yes I am an idiot as I am paying for both. I can my VM contract, ordered a new package and filled in the Volt page on O2 to get the add-on - 3 weeks ago, they stated it would be the next few days:
    52628671-tO4TA.jpg
    I'm guesing I need to contact VM - the new package is 500/50 and they sent me a Hub 3
    Author
    Update

Msg Virgin Media on Whatsapp. Think I have ended up with a great deal. Got the Mega Volt bundle for £58.50. Must of got them on a good day was shocked when I got that offer got the contract and accepted it straight away ha
    Good news both O2 & VM have agreed that I am eligible for the Volt upgrade - my new modem is due tomorrow!
's avatar