Posted 6 days ago

Virgin Media

Hi all.

My virgin media offer is up at the end of may (second 18 month offer) i phoned for renewal price and even with the discount they offered its still £50 more than what i pay now, i went through to cancellations and they offered to knock another couple of quid off but nothing substantial so i have gone on to cancel once the month is up. Been reading online about other people doing this and being contacted by virgin within a week to offer them great new deals. Has anyone experienced this? The problem is sky in my area is not very good so ideally i need to stay with virgin i just don’t want them to have my pants down! Any help/experience would be appreciated.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

20 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Usual throwaway comment is to
    ensure your VM privacy / marketing settings are set to "on"
    accessed after login,
    via "Marketing Preferences" at virginmedia.com/hel…unt
    Affiliate nonsense appears to corrupt the stated VM URL that is deliberately obfuscated by HUKD.
    So after not landing at VM:
    go to VM homepage and append text string below to URL
    /help/account
    then visit the created URL:

52644490-GVk3D.jpg
    As well as the above comment about enabling marketing preferences to get the retentions calls (that team currently have a retentions campaign for £19 M125/Volt M250 and Talk Weekends with £100 Bill credit until the end of this month… Get yourself over to BIDB.uk and put your address in to explore other options.

You say Sky is no good, but there may be other providers available. They should show up on this site if there are.

Additionally, if there’s no mention of other fibre providers, see if any of the 4 networks have a good 4G+ or 5G coverage in your area on that same website. That’s another increasingly viable option for home broadband these days with impressive speeds available in many cases. Just so you don’t feel trapped with one provider.
    Retention calls used to be fun. Now they're painful. Demeaning. And after hours, a waste of time (edited)
    Author
    So i was contacted this afternoon by virgin retention who “can offer better discounts than the standard call centre” safe to say I’ve just renewed for 18 months with a £10 monthly saving for the same package it really is worth playing the long game
    Thanks op. I am thinking of signing back to virgin from re as no other cable in my area. I cancelled them a few years ago and they never offered me anything good.

Can you clarify. You got £10 less than what you were paying before ? Or £10 less than a previous offer which was still more than before.

Thanks!
    I was in the same boat about 6 weeke ago ‘ there offer was bad and been with Virgin since the start but a loyal customer means Jack now a days ‘ I decided to open up a new account with Virgin under my wife’s name ‘ new email and new bank details so I got the 1G deal for 18 months @ £40 per week ( new customer offer ) saving £38 per month on what I was paying before .
    Could you do this straight away or did you have to wait a certain time after the contract ended?
    I did it straight away and booked the date the day after I was cut off so only a few hours without internet
    Same here. Signed up in wife's name, started it the day after orig ran out had no probs at all. Used a friends n family link but don't think there still going now.
    Haggle..... And never accept their first offer !
    Author
    I tried this! But they weren’t having it this time round which is why i had to go through with the cancellation process. I pay £75 currently all be it on a very good deal from 18 months ago but the best they have offered me so far is £125, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask!
's avatar