Posted 14 April 2022

Virgin media & O2 Volt benefits at same address

Virgin media & O2 Volt benefits (double data and double broadband speeds) now appearing to be available to separate account holders at the same address.

If like me you have been left frustrated by being unable to apply Volt benefits for the last few months, due to having an O2 account under one person's name and a Virgin media account under another person's name at the same address, it appears that both companies have finally sorted this out.

I logged into My o2 this morning and there was an option to apply volt benefits at the top of the main page. I hope this works for others in my situation.

3920461_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    Ivor-NoReasonToCare30/04/2022 10:38

Yes Data doubles for every SIM.It was the Virgin Speed boost I was …Yes Data doubles for every SIM.It was the Virgin Speed boost I was wondering about. They don't say it's for one SIM, nor do they say per SIM so left wondering

No you only get one speed boost to your home broadband.
    Thanks was able to sign up too, appreciate the heads up
    My o2 contract wad just renewed last week, but had to re register for Volt. I thought it would have just carried over but didn't... I spoke to somebody on live chat, they said it could take 14 days but was done within a few hours
    Thank you for the heads up! I've been checking since the Volt stuff first appeared so glad to see this has finally been activated

Interesting T&C if cancelling one service Virgin/O2 your Volt Benefit will still remain on the other!

Worth remembering for renewal time on either.

Does anyone know if speeds are upped for every SIM? Or just once with the first?
    Great stuff, have been waiting for this! Thanks for posting OP 🏻
    Author
    Ivor-NoReasonToCare14/04/2022 15:22

Interesting T&C if cancelling one service Virgin/O2 your Volt Benefit … Interesting T&C if cancelling one service Virgin/O2 your Volt Benefit will still remain on the other!Worth remembering for renewal time on either.Does anyone know if speeds are upped for every SIM? Or just once with the first?

I moved over to O2 in the last week and my son was already on O2 with the Volt double data. I can confirm that the double data has also been applied to my Sim as well. (edited)
    Kebabcasualty30/04/2022 10:35

I moved over to O2 in the last week and my son was already on O2 with the …I moved over to O2 in the last week and my son was already on O2 with the Volt double data. I can confirm that the double data has also been applied to my Sim as well.

Yes Data doubles for every SIM.
    It was the Virgin Speed boost I was wondering about. They don't say it's for one SIM, nor do they say per SIM so left wondering
's avatar