Posted 1 day ago

Washer dryer around £400 is it possible?

Money is really tight and don't have space to fit separate machines. But can I really get anything for this price that won't be a complete lemon? Ones I've seen have very bad energy efficiency ratings. Don't want anything fancy (obv for this price) and only do one load a week. Any sites that do 'slight seconds' not bothered about a few scratches or knocks?
Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    AO's outlet store ElekDirect is online and worth a try. But for much better value for money you're probably best off at Argos' Clearance Bargains outlets if you happen to have one of their stores nearby. There's a few across England.

At Argos especially, their own brand Bush washer dryer will come in within budget even when buying new from the catalogue. They work just fine but nothing special. Their machines are manufactured by Vestel or Haier - The current range I believe are all Vestel last time I checked. They're well respected and make machines for tons of other brands too. It should be reliable enough but don't expect the absolute best wash performance, shortest cycles, or quietest operation.

As for energy efficiency, you'd have to spend more for a model with a heat pump if you want better efficiency, but being honest all dryers will have relatively poor energy efficiency. Anything that you plug in to generate heat is going to be fairly costly and wasteful with energy - That's just a natural fact.
    Author
    Thanks, looks. like some really good deals on the Currys page
    Marks electrical have a Indesit for 415. A rated
    Personally I'd recommend finding the space (2 units can be stacked) as speaking from experience a washer dryer is always compromised.
    Author
    Kitchen is tiny, and no other space, trust me I've looked. I know it's not the best option, but it's the only one I have.
    Good price £265 & 12 months warranty. looks like a bump/scratch on the bottom left, you could cover that.
    Reviews currys.co.uk/pro….ds (edited)
    Remember these usually dry around half the capacity of a wash load. If you wash a full load then you have to take half out before switching to dryer mode and dry the rest of the load after that. That's why a separate dryer is better but needs must, if you have not got room for one.
's avatar