Groups
    EXPIRED

what does 44 mean at the front of a phone number?

i know im being dumb, ive been given a number to call and i can get it. The number begins 44, there must be another number to go in front.
    thanks for all your help

12 Comments

Uk number? Replace the 44 with a 0

+44
    also means

i thought it was +44 i think you will find its a mobile number

ttwcd;5941245

i thought it was +44 i think you will find its a mobile number

nope....its a number from the UK...as said above

44 intl dialing code for the uk

the sedge;5941253

44 intl dialing code for the uk

We have a winner!

Original Poster

thanks so much, why dont they just put a 0 ?

craig guy;5941264

Generally because if you include the country code in a number, it will work anywhere...

craig guy;5941264

In case you're calling from overseas I would think? +44 will still work uk to uk...

0044 or +44 is the international dialling code from overseas to the UK, it is used as a prefix to a UK number replacing the first 0.

0034 or +34 is the one for Spain.

+44 mean 0 as some people say but I have tried it and it dose not work. I tried it 3 times and it wouldn't accept it at all

Abiabi27yolo

+44 mean 0 as some people say but I have tried it and it dose not work. I … +44 mean 0 as some people say but I have tried it and it dose not work. I tried it 3 times and it wouldn't accept it at all

Check the rest of the number you're dialling then... +44 is the international dialling code for the UK. Just remove it and replace with a 0, that's all you need to do.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764303
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846208
    3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
    4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions