Posted 5 July 2016

whats the difference between a junior size 5 and adult size 5

The adidas superstar come in a adult size 5 and a junior size 5 £30 price difference is there any difference cheers
Community Updates
If you’re wondering, are junior shoe sizes the same as adults? Then keep reading!

To put it simply, a junior shoe size 5 is the same as an adult size 5.

Generally speaking, infant sizes go from 1 to 13, and junior sizes start again from 1 and continue up to 5 and beyond. These junior sizes are the same as adult women sizes.

50727_1.jpg
Is junior size 5 the same as women's size 5 in the UK?

Yes, if you are shopping in the kid’s or junior size 5 shoes are the same as a women’s size 5, however, make sure you are not shopping in the baby’s or toddlers section, as there is also a infant size 5 available too, and this is not the same as a women’s size 5.

The best way to check whether the shoe size is a baby’s or kid’s is to look at the size chart and compare it to EU shoe size, a women’s UK size 5 is an EU size 38. However, this does also depend on the brand of the shoe as well, as not all brands size their shoes in the junior section the same way.

How to save money on shoes

If you are around a women’s shoe size 5, the likelihood is you can save a lot of money by shopping in the kid’s section.

So if you’re wondering are junior trainers the same as adults, for some brands yes that’s true. Here are some of the brands which offer UK women’s sizes in the kid’s section:

• Nike - For example, Nike Blazers are available in the kid’s section up to size 5.5 for around £74.99, this marks a big saving from the rough £89.99 price tag for Nike Blazers in the women’s section.
    • You can also buy Nike Air Max 270 in the kid’s section which goes up to a women’s size 6 for roughly £87.95 compared to a massive difference in price for the same trainers found in the women’s section for around £134.95. That’s a saving of over £45 for the exact same style of trainers.
    • Nike Jordan MA2 trainers are also offered in the kid’s section for around £69.95 whereas in the women’s section you will have to pay around £114.95. The kid’s sizes go up to a UK size 6.

50727_1.jpg
  • Adidas - For example, the classic Stan Smith design is available for around £50 in the kid’s section, compared to roughly £75 in the adult’s.
    • Another style that can be found in both the adult’s and kid’s sections is the Continental 80 trainers. For a pair from the women’s, you will pay roughly £75 but for the same trainers from the kid’s, it is around £45 in sizes up to 6.5.

50727_1.jpg
So there can be money saved on trainers when shopping in the Kid’s section. But always make sure you try on the shoes before committing to them!
New Comment

Categories

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The only difference is you pay VAT on adult sized 5 shoes and you don't on kids.
    I believe the junior sizes are narrower
    nicblaney

My son is a junior size 9 and he is 4 years old. Junior are very much kid … My son is a junior size 9 and he is 4 years old. Junior are very much kid sizes. Hope this helps

That's infant size 9, that goes up to 13 then goes to junior size 1-5.5. There's no difference between an adult 5 and a junior 5
    The only difference is the price, I'm a size 5 and if I can get a junior size 5 I do and there's no difference x
    I have narrow feet, I can get away with junior size. If you have a wider foot I think there may be the problem.
    Yeah, I bought some shoes once and they were too small. Unfortunately I have wide feet
    http://www.usc.co.uk/Popup_SizeGuide

Doesn't look like there's much in it when you see the General Continental equivalents.
    My son is a junior size 9 and he is 4 years old. Junior are very much kid sizes. Hope this helps
    Deaa

That's infant size 9, that goes up to 13 then goes to junior size 1-5.5. … That's infant size 9, that goes up to 13 then goes to junior size 1-5.5. There's no difference between an adult 5 and a junior 5

Ah, sorry - my mistake!
    Am adult size 5 but some junior size 5 fit me better when it comes to trainers. You are best trying both on, that's what I do usually. Sometimes the junior size 5 is too small to fit an adult. Yes junior size 5 will be cheaper because that's for kids/teens
    as said the only difference is the price, some brands might have slightly different pattern / design but others done. My wife went into a timberland outlet store and saved £50 by buying the "junior" size, girl in the shop took her over and showed her they are the exact same shoe nothing different except the bar code.
    Author
    Thanks guys
    What mkkyb said. I bought a pair of junior size Nike trainers to my sister same number as her adult one. She mentioned it was tight but was still wearing it and eventually it loosen up and got more comfortable. I think it will depend on the brand, style and material (edited)
's avatar