Posted 10 February 2024

Where best to buy seeds in post Wilko world

I've been buying seeds for my garden at Wilko for at least a couple of decades. Okay quality and were good value, especially if you got some in autumn when they were clearing their gardening stock.

Where are people getting their stash of seeds now that Wilko is no more? I did check the wilko.com website and although they list seeds most/all appear to be not in stock.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I went to the Range today and they've got Wilko seeds and compost. Maybe you can try there. This was the Slough branch. I assume it'll be the same at their other stores.
    It will be interesting to see if they reduce them in the same manner Wilkos did
    Picked up these for £0.49 in Home Bargains. Dutch company.

52187551-0snOJ.jpg
    52187551-cTY7W.jpg
    Always use premier seeds now. Never had an issue, just not fancy packaging
    Mr Fothergill
    Where does he live, do you have an address for him please? (edited)
    b&m do seeds some times they're reduced, b&q do them too but they are usually not that cheap.
    Author
    Yeh I tried b&m today and wasn't impressed. Quite pricey despite a 3 for 2 offer and a few things I wanted were out of stock.
    Sutton Seeds
    Well a lot you can just save from last year
    saying that no Wilco here so Lidl
    and a few online to treat myself
    Highly recommend King's Seeds. Cheaper than the bigger sellers and very high quality seeds. Almost guaranteed germination on most seeds even the carrots.
    EBay. Most shops like suttons etc are on there and Poundland has decent seeds
    I would be interested in knowing too as I would usally buy seeds from wilko when they were on sale to be used the following year, so I have some for this comming year but will need to stock up for next year.
    (Also need onion set for this year too)

Personally I have tried:
    Lidl - ok, cheap but not a wide range
    Seed parade - ok but not as good as Wilko's
    Premier seeds are quite good, will likely to buy from here unless I find better ones.
    Very expensive
's avatar