Posted 18 December 2023

Xbox Game Pass question

Hi... Sorry, proper noob here so apologies for this
I Just ordered an xbox series s for the kids and now dipping toes into game passes.
My question is, are these passes on Amazon the same, one says XBox One, the other one just says Ultimate
(I know places like cdkeys are far more affordable, just trying to get my head around it all!)
4264480_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Ultimate is the version where you get the full game pass selection, along with playing via xcloud. the cheaper tier has a selection of games. Do what most people do/did, buy 3 months worth of ultimate and if you like it, then stock up to 3 years.
    i'd say from the images you posted, thats just different photos, so long at it says ultimate, you should be fine.
    Author
    Thanks!
    Game pass ultimate is game pass ultimate however they dress it up. It's all the same

But cd keys is a lot cheaper as you state (edited)
    Author
    Thank you!
    Might be something , might not be, but when I got my XBL Gold a few weeks ago from CDKeys I put the code into Microsofts' page and it came back with confirmation I was getting something else...Core. Turns out XBL Gold no longer exists and this is what it's converted to. Must be recent change.
    Author
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    I'd just stack the full 2 years using the methods on here, we're just getting near to the end of the 3 years I got and will be doing a 2 year stack (new max) as soon as it expires.
's avatar