Posted 3 September 2023

XGIMI HORIZON Ultra 4K Dolby Vision long throw projector for pre-order

First Dolby Vision certified Laser+LCD long throw projector just coming out this month with quite decent price. Looks really good and does feel a bit too good to be true in this price. Has in built Android TV, motorised lens cover, motorised optical lens adjust. Frame rate seems to be fixed to 60hz though and it is DLP.

amazon.co.uk/dp/…F2U

4195090_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

30 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Long throw equals blurry picture. Light beams spread out over distance.

Short throw for the win, even then, though the picture is clearer it's not uniformly so, due to the aggressive angle it projects at.
    it's the other way round. long throw projectors typically have better focus uniformity than USTs
    Ordered two thanks op
    Ordered thanks op
    "equals"? No.

The disadvantage of long beam is potential glare, and shadows when people get in between the beam and screen.
    When you said the price was too good to be true, I clicked the link thinking it would be £300 or less!
    It's about half the price of the competition for similar spec

Actually I take that back having spent more time going over the spec list, price is about right! (edited)
    Looking forward to some full hands on reviews of this, def ticks a number of boxes

They shouldn't be allowed to call pixel shifting projectors 4k, totally misleading (edited)
    This is 60hz only, I'd assumed that it was an e-shifter, but if not then it's a Buy, if true 4K
    I'm still happy with my Epson EH-TW5700 so I will stick with it a few more years I think.
    Would love 4K but not worth it when I don't need new one.
    Just a question for anyone playing games on theirs with projector do you find the screen can be too big I have it at 10ft and I could not concentrate on all of the screen.
    I'm asking as in the promo it shows a guy playing games??
    I use my projector for MSFS and some space sims i.e. Elite Dangerous. Works beautifully. (edited)
    I have the Horizon Pro (having upgraded from a MoGo Pro prior) and I love it.

I think this looks really nice, but it's probably not worth the upgrade for me. Really like the integrated lens cover mechanism though; that looks swish.

Hopefully they bring out a black version at some point too; this one would stand out like a sore thumb in my house!
    i was looking at the anker 4k laser one... i don't know if that's genuine 4k or pixel shifter too

i have a 240hz pixel shifter viewsonic non-laser and it's great 4k60
    How does it compared to an OLED TV?
's avatar