Posted 25 November 2023

yoga slim vs ideapad gaming - which one shoudl i go for? spec attached

4249580-mw2Z0.jpg
I am designer, i like to do video editing and wordpress. I do a bit of gaming on black desert online and smite. I also travel 1-2x either on train or flight which is 3-10 hours long and would like to use this laptop to keep myself busy. Ideally i want the one that able to do these things perfectly without making lot of fan noise and overheat issue - any recommendation? Also thank you for reading and much appreciated!
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The Yoga is going to be lighter and more portable, has a brighter and higher resolution screen, double the storage and more memory.

However. I own a Yoga and an Ideapad Gaming. And I use the gaming laptop 90% of the time provided I’m able to carry it and have a power outlet nearby. It feels much better built, the fan doesn’t have an annoying high pitched whine, and the keyboard is actually nice to type on.

I’d rather pay £500 for that than spend £800 on the Yoga personally. But if you just want the best performance and something more portable then Yoga is more sensible - I’m sure I’d find mine to be perfectly fine had I not got the gaming laptop to compare it to.
    Author
    i was thinking of this one as well:
    hotukdeals.com/dea…112

I will go with the yoga one based on the insane spec at 750 (including cashback) however a bit worry on the reviews and rating as it doesn't seem right.
    Author
    damn both deal are ending in 12 hours still trying to decide between the yoga slim vs ideapad gaming despite both having the same GPU. is it really worth to pay the extra £300 for the extra memory, storage on this?
    despite both having the same GPU
    Just to confuse you a little more. It's worth noting it's the same model on paper but not the same in practice. The Yoga has a limited power model of the 3050, whereas the Ideapad has a higher power version.

You'll notice this is why the Yoga has a 100W charger whereas the Ideapad has a 170W charger in the box.