Posted 29 February 2024

YouTube Premium Family (Ukraine)

First time I've ever posted a discussion so hopefully I'm doing it right.

I have been looking for a while to sign up to YT Premium but recently noticed alot of people saying it's become alot more difficult due to them cracking down in certain countries and payment issues.

I have just managed to get a family plan through Ukraine for 149 UAH, which I believe is roughly £3.10. You could just sign up for a single one too (skipping point 1&2 below) but I didn't catch the price

Here is what I did:

1. Made 5 different Gmail accounts
2. Added them all to a Google family plan and accepted the invite on each email address (this took a while but it worked so hey ho)
3. Download 'Urban VPN' (has a free option) and change to Ukraine.
4. On the first Gmail you sent the invites out with, log in to YouTube and sign up for premium family. It will ask you for a card to use - I added a Revolut Virtual card and on billing address it asked me for a Ukraine postcode. I put in '02000' and it worked.

I would like to point out that I am not an expert with this sort of stuff, I maybe could have done other things or not done as many things but point being is the above is what I did and it has worked so I'm currently chuffed with myself and hoping it may help someone else.

Cheers!
Community Updates
New Comment

25 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you don't mind is that £3.10 a month or total?
    Author
    £3.10 a month thereabouts. I should have mentioned that first month is a free trial, so I do wonder if the real test is next month when payment is taken although revolut does say Google did an auth check so I'm hopeful 🤞
    I'm on the Ukrainian plan but its messed up my Google Play and I can't use certains apps like banking ones etc

Even after I created alternative Gmail accounts, it tells me I can't use this device because it's been rooted or something! (edited)
    Check your device integrity in that case.
    Just made individual plan for £2/month (99 UAH) with this method 🍻 just remember to do it on Windows PC so it won't f**k up your Google account (edited)
    Author
    Enjoy mate! I'll be gutted if/when this stops working now as I love it haha. So far so good 🤞
    Great work Lobo, my Argentina family plan is still going at £1.51 per month…nice to see it still works!
    52302743-JFE8k.jpg
    Oddly enough my Youtube premium India family sub is exactly £1.51 as well.....
    Perfect instructions, it's easy if you do it the right way

critical point when your doing a family Sub is to make sure the Google Family group is all setup in advance of subscribing (as you did).

If using a Revolut card it's worth making sure that you use Mastercard as well as there are now extra region checks for some countries if using a virtual VISA.
    Author
    Yeah your right about the setting up the family part, that bit took the longest (I was doing in my phone so logging in and out etc to accept invites once I'd made the accounts haha). Worth it though if it all goes to plan which up to now it is haha 🤞
    Is this still active got to love you tube over any other music etc services and plus you can share with other family members it's amazing since I tried it free for a month I really Wana stick to YouTube premium as it got the best recommendation and the biggest content available I should of tried this before then paying for dezzer etc YouTube music is amazing not only you can listen to music its got videos lyrics and one button mix aka radio mix so it keeps playing similar tracks got to love this (edited)
    Author
    Yeah I only did it yesterday so should be working. If you don't want family plan it's even easier, just skip the steps about setting up family and download the vpn, set to Ukraine and sign up for single account. Enjoy your YouTube music
    Did you do it via your mobile phone or pc/laptop?

I have followed the steps and used a virtual Revolut (mastercard) and it says my account has been suspended. Made another gmail account with Ukraine VPN switched on, and tried again with another virtual mastercard and it still said account suspended.
    How come you made 5 accounts, and didn't just make 1 account (the new family one), and then add your existing Google accounts to it?
    I think Google has a habit of banning accounts that break their terms of service, so it makes sense to create burner accounts where you don't lose everything if that happens. (edited)
    Makes you realise how many more would sub to YouTube family plans in the UK if the price were better here. I wonder if the price floor in each country is set by secret music industry cartel rules.

Anyway, this is the type of family planning they didn't teach you about at school.
    I guess enough people sign up for this not to be an issue. Then again, Google does some baffling things with their products.
    Author
    Little update:

Payment was taken today for £3.05 for my family plan so I guess it's worked. I was only worried as first month was a trial so wondered if it would all go Pete Tong when first paying month came. I'm made up. I can't imagine a YouTube without premium now.
    Hi guys, quick question
    Did you not get the following message:
    "We couldn’t verify your country. Please see Help Center for more information."
    Author
    I didnt mate. Did you follow all the steps in the post? (Not asking in a sarcastic way, I just mean one wrong step and I don't believe it will work). Sorry it's not worked bud
's avatar