Posted 17 August 2020

A short guide on the cheapest way to get 36 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

I have seen a lot of users post deals over the last few months discussing Game Pass Ultimate deals. In this short guide, I will explain the cheapest current way to get 36 months of Game Pass Ultimate on a UK Live account (accurate as of 17/08/2020).

I always see people in the comments apprehensive of using a VPN or unsure how to follow the steps outlined by the deal poster. Xbox Live Gold can be found cheaper in different regions worldwide, and often, Brazil is one of the cheapest ways to purchase 12 months of XBLG

What you will need:

Steps to follow:

1 - Purchase 3 X 12 months of Brazil Xbox Live Gold. This should cost around £70 total:

2 - Find a reputable VPN that offers access to Brazil IP addresses. In the past I have used Nord VPN, Tunnelbear and Windscribe. Tunnelbear offers a free 500mb trial which will work fine for this. Download the VPN (scan it for viruses just to be sure) and open it up.

3 - Set your VPN to Brazil. Most clients will have an easy-to-use drop down list and a button to turn the VPN on

4 - Visit the Brazil Xbox site and sign in with your Xbox Live account. If you're using Chrome you can translate the page into English also. The login screen is in the upper right hand corner of the site.

5 - Click on 'Games' the second drop down menu on the page, then click 'Redeem codes'. Proceed to input your 3 X 12 month Xbox Live Brazil codes. When prompted, do not 'add the extra month' for recurring billing. These should go through successfully if connected to Brazil VPN.

6 - Disconnect your VPN, login to your UK Xbox live account and check to ensure you have 3 years of Xbox live gold. Now, follow this link and activate the £1 Game Pass Ultimate offer. This will have converted your 3 years of XBLG into 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate.

Hope this helps some of you out there that were unsure about doing this (I did have pictures at every step but they were removed when I submitted this )
Community Updates
New Comment

22 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    just want to say thanks for this, it still works. I was apprehensive as i used the £1 trial back in 2019 or 2020.
    But the Turkey xbox gold applied fine. Signed back into account and was prompted to upgrade to GPU for £1 which worked fine. I then disabled reoccurring billing. Hopefully this still works in 3 years time.

I just got a series S to complement my PS5 i downloaded 2 games and was low on space. I have an external HDD so will be moving games i don't play regularly and older games that can be played off the external to that. Hopefully the expansion cards get cheaper. In the mean time for platform games and adventure games cloud streaming has been a godsend for me, played new super lucky's tale and ori will of the wisps last night no issues no lag no slow down graphics look crisp.
    Thanks. I have unfortunately used the £1 offer. . Any pitfalls in me deleting my account and opening a new one (no game progress etc I want to save)?
    I've been using the £1 offer since March, ideal for kids in lockdown mode (still)
    scapton17/08/2020 10:22

Nothing stopping you making a new account. I have a main account, and a …Nothing stopping you making a new account. I have a main account, and a secondary account I use for Game pass as I too previously used the £1 offer.

Thanks. Just a bit unsure about Microsoft restricting the IP address.
    Ok, cheers.
    Many thanks for this guide.

I just purchased 3 x Brazil Xbox Live Gold 12 months from cdkeys for just under £90.
    I used TunnelBear as the VPN to change my region to Brazil to active the cards.
    Then i used the following link after disabling the VPN: xbox.com/en-…600

3 years of ultimate for just under £90
    Does this still work? Thanks
    Confirmed working 8th July 2022. I actually bought Turkey version as was cheaper than the Brazil Xbox Live. But my VPN was surfshark which has Turkey. Lots of VPN don't.

Had a scare when Microsoft detected unusual activity on my account logging in from Turkey. But in the end worked fine.
    Thank you mate
    If I already have Gamepass ultimate subscription can I use this method to add on?
    Author
    Ringfinger17/08/2020 10:20

Thanks. I have unfortunately used the £1 offer. . Any pitfalls in me …Thanks. I have unfortunately used the £1 offer. . Any pitfalls in me deleting my account and opening a new one (no game progress etc I want to save)?

Nothing stopping you making a new account. I have a main account, and a secondary account I use for Game pass as I too previously used the £1 offer.
    Author
    Ringfinger17/08/2020 11:14

Thanks. Just a bit unsure about Microsoft restricting the IP address.

The way I see it, in a family, multiple people could have separate Xbox live accounts and still make use of the £1 offer on each account
    How do you check if you have done the £1 offer? My son uses the Xbox so I have no idea.

His live runs out next March can I do this now as he has series x for Christmas (edited)
    Author
    kerrp3014/11/2020 07:55

How do you check if you have done the £1 offer? My son uses the Xbox so I …How do you check if you have done the £1 offer? My son uses the Xbox so I have no idea.His live runs out next March can I do this now as he has series x for Christmas

As far as I know you can only stack up to 36months of XBLG And GPU so it's better to wait until after the current subscription is in its final month/expired before adding the 3 years of XBLG codes.

To find out if you are eligible for the £1 offer on his account, check the Xbox dashboard for the £1 Gamepass Ultimate offer. It should be an advert on the main screen. The offer should be on your sons account home screen if it's not been previously claimed. Failing that, ask him if he has ever used gamepass on xbox and if he has, set up a secondary new account to make use of this offer
    Author
    kerrp3014/11/2020 07:55

How do you check if you have done the £1 offer? My son uses the Xbox so I …How do you check if you have done the £1 offer? My son uses the Xbox so I have no idea.His live runs out next March can I do this now as he has series x for Christmas

You could also try a live chat or give Xbox support a call to double check
    Okay the Home Screen has the £1 offer on it so all good, looks like i can go and do this but might miss out on 4 months for the Xbox live stack,
    FoxTiger20/06/2021 11:08

I'll wait for Scapton to reply, if you don't mind

Umm.. okay.
    Author
    FoxTiger20/06/2021 11:00

Does this still work? Thanks

Yep the above method still works using the £1 conversion trick it will not work if you have used this offer on your XB live account in the past. (edited)
    I was unable to purchase 12 Month Gold Passes from CDKeys. I tried card, paypal, with Brazil VPN, without VPN, mobile data etc. If anyone else has better luck, let me know how you did it. Thanks.

Edit:
    The rejection email I got with the one mobile data purchase that initially went through (nothing on bank):

We regret that we are unable to process your order. We are not able to tell you specifically why the order failed, but it could be due to one or more of the following reasons:

• We are unable to confirm your payment
    • The code you are purchasing is region-restricted
    • A technical error occurred while completing the transaction
    (edited)
    Author
    gwop24/05/2022 09:28

just want to say thanks for this, it still works. I was apprehensive as i …just want to say thanks for this, it still works. I was apprehensive as i used the £1 trial back in 2019 or 2020.But the Turkey xbox gold applied fine. Signed back into account and was prompted to upgrade to GPU for £1 which worked fine. I then disabled reoccurring billing. Hopefully this still works in 3 years time.I just got a series S to complement my PS5 i downloaded 2 games and was low on space. I have an external HDD so will be moving games i don't play regularly and older games that can be played off the external to that. Hopefully the expansion cards get cheaper. In the mean time for platform games and adventure games cloud streaming has been a godsend for me, played new super lucky's tale and ori will of the wisps last night no issues no lag no slow down graphics look crisp.

Thank you, glad to see it's still working!!
    Where's the cheapest place to get the Xbox Live now? Brazil from CDKeys has gone up a lot since this post
's avatar