Posted 3 May 2024

Amazon Student Prime

I recently successfully renewed this but have now received an email - see below - stating that it has been cancelled at my request which isn't true.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Wondering if this a genuine error or if they have subsequently reviewed my renewal and cancelled due to use of a Totum Pro card.

4337458_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

20 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Why don’t you get in touch with Amazon support? We are not Amazon and cannot help you
    Totem Pro no longer accepted for Student Amazon Prime.

But the Totem Apprenticeship card was unless things have changed.

@AndyRoyd is usually on top of this one... (edited)
    Author
    I know that but it's not what I am asking.

I am asking if anyone else has had a similar experience with their Student Prime being renewed and then, a week later, it being cancelled.
    The email i received gave me Student Prime for 6 free months, and paying £4.89(?) thereafter. I am now in my second year, and I not only didn't ask for it, I wouldn't even qualify without a fair bit of faking.
    Perhaps Totum found something wrong with your account, and alerted Amazon and other parties of potential fraud. Better to have it canceled "at your request", than to be called a liar.
    Literally got the same email today and I never request jack
    Author
    The same email as me?
    I will cry the day my amazon student membership ends I feel like i am robbing them everyday i use it.
    And that makes you proud?
    Author
    So, I found out the reason this happened - see below

52725765-GbX7r.jpg
    So are you enrolled again now?
    I’ve had mine cancelled twice now in a period of 4 weeks. Just been cancelled again! Third time. Never even received any anotice of cancellation from Amazon on all occasions.
    Eventually they do reinstate my account but it is a pain in the arse. .
    I did get a message on one of the re invites that a lot of customers are getting the same problem.
    Also takes sometimes up to 12 hours to get re invited. Which is again a pain. (edited)
    Author
    Same - just had it auto-cancelled for the second time.

Have emailed them again - let's see what they say this time.
's avatar