Posted 11 April 2023

Apple TV+ Free for 6 Months on EE

Apple TV+ Free for 6 Months for EE customers. Text ATV to 150, to opt in.
ee.co.uk/hel…lus
Community Updates
Had some targetted advertising from EE over the weekend, they are currently offering 6 months Apple TV for free. It doesnt seem to be freely advertised on the website - they only offer 3 months through a direct link, but i signed up with no problems - apart from the clunky apple account recovery process!

4121651_1.jpg
text from the link:

How does six months of free Apple TV+ work?
We’ll treat you to six months of Apple TV+:

• whether you’re joining EE as a new customer or you’ve been with us for years
  • if you are a Consumer or Small Business customer with a EE pay monthly or SIM only phone plan on a 12 month or more minimum term

During the free 6 months, it will appear on your bill as an included benefit in the "included with EE" section. After this, it will appear on your bill as a charge in the entertainment section.

Offer requires a compatible mobile device using the iOS or Android operating systems or another compatible device. Apple TV+ can be accessed via the Apple TV+ app on a compatible mobile device using iOS 14.7 or later or another compatible device that you can download and register the app on. Apple TV+ can be accessed via the Apple TV+ website on a compatible mobile device using the Android operating system or another compatible device.

See support.apple.com/en-…web for details on compatible devices

To sign up:

text TV PLUSto 150. We will send you a 6 months’ free activation code.

or log in to My EE or download the My EE app and go to Plan & Add-ons > Add-ons >Apple TV+

then follow the instructions we send you

How do I set up Apple Apple TV+?
On an iPhone or an iPad:
we’ll text you when your subscription’s about to begin – follow the link for Apple to verify your membership

if you’re connected to WiFi, you’ll get a PIN to enter in the Apple TV+app. If you're not connected to WiFi, go to the next step

link your Apple ID to your Apple TV+ membership with your email and password

once your Apple ID is linked you’re ready to go

On an Android device:
Text TV PLUS to 150 or select Apple TV+ in add-ons section in MyEE

Click the activation link we provide you with by text

Sign up using your Apple ID. You can create one if you haven’t done it yet using this link

Type in and confirm your phone number

You’re set up and can start watching through tv.apple.com

What happens after the free six months?
You’ll be charged £6.99 a month after your free six months unless you cancel your subscription.

You might be billed for two Apple TV+ items in the first month you start paying. One charge is pro-rata for the rest of the billing period and the other is an advance charge for your paid subscription.

To manage your subscription, go to Settings->your name/Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store-> iTunes & App Stores-> Apple ID->View Apple ID>Subscriptions.

What if I already have Apple TV+?
If you are an existing Apple TV+ member you will need to cancel your existing subscription directly with Apple. If you do not, you will continue to be charged by Apple.

What to do if you receive the error "This subscription is being used with another Apple ID"
In some cases, if you have previously had an Apple TV+ subscription you might see this error message. To fix this, please contact Apple Support and ask to change the Apple ID associated with your Apple TV+ subscription.
New Comment

55 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've had this offered for a couple of years on EE - not yet taken it up but I tried their 6 month free Apple music and has the same horrible, clunky, sign up process and when it came time to cancel, I sent text to EE to cancel it, failed to notice the reply that said EE hadn't canceled it as I didn't have an Apple music membership with EE! , got billed another 2 months (1 futurespectively for some reason) t so I had to call 150 and explain, get them to credit one month billing (future month, not yet used). So just be careful to check you have cancelled and just stupidly don't properly read the response text when you do cancel. (edited)
    Never had a problem just removed it using the app.
    Any idea is this works if you currently have a free trial going?

I have one going from O2 which ends in June. Wonder if anyone knows if this stacks or if I should wait. Don't wanna ruin the chance in some way.
    I was in this situation and the EE process wouldn’t work for me about 4 weeks ago. Tried lots of times and spoke to Apple support, they said that once you have had a 6 month trial with whoever their system won’t allow another 6 months free again.
    This didn’t seem to tie up with what EE say, along the lines of new and existing customers.
    So please be aware.
    Wouldn't bother there's nothing on it
    Absolutely loads of quality on there, way better quality than Netflix / Amazon
    Beware this doesn’t stack up or extend your current subscription.If you got current subscription and you activate this addon. You will end up with two subscription running simultaneously. Only use if your current subscription is expiring or had expired. (edited)
    So can use say on last day or week before current apple TV+ expires e.g before apple charge you?
    Nice deal but check all the terms first:

What happens after the free six months?
    You’ll be charged £6.99 a month after your free six months unless you cancel your subscription.

What if I already have Apple TV+?
    If you are an existing Apple TV+ member you will need to cancel your existing subscription directly with Apple. If you do not, you will continue to be charged by Apple.
    Quality over quantity is really lost on some. Well worth it.
    Agreed.
    plus 1 for Severance, and Black Bird
    Severance all day everyday
    Watched this with my wife and I jus wanna say it’s one of the best shows I’ve seen in a while. The final three episodes are insane. Finale is one of the best episodes of tv I’ve ever seen!
    For All Mankind - three seasons all of which are incredible.
    Slow Horses was great..
    Slow Horses
    Ted Lasso
    Trying
    Bad Sisters

Plus some great films
    I did have apple tv and watched one film in 6 months, it's really no match for netflix or amazon prime. I forgot to cancel it and noticed it on my bank statement, apple refunded me as I pointed out they didn't message me to say they were going to start charging, I don't think they are obliged to notify but refunded me anyway
    Ted lasso.
    Agreed, I hate football but this is a great show.
    Iesty83:

I've linked it to the TV app

Same. Got it linked to my LG G2, Firetv, iPad and my phone.
    I finally got round to watching severance and it’s great, one of the best shows I’ve watched over last few years. I read series 2 should be out end of this year or early next year although Apple haven’t officially said yet. Can’t wait
    Not working
    Working now and linked to TV
    Foundation is very good. Invasion starts very strongly. Dickinson is very promising.
    Worth pointing out that Foundation has very little to do with the book, but otherwise a decent series
    I believe this EE is a mobile only offer. It won't work on your TV.

EDIT: Standing corrected and rushing over to EE to claim my 6 months free! (edited)
    I linked it to the TV app
    I was put off this when I realised it's watch on handheld device only.
    really where does it state that? Surely we can use it on any web browser on windows pc or laptop? No?
    Got into slow hourses on a 5 month trial from barclays, great series but nothing else worth watching.
's avatar