Are contract phones unlocked from affordablemobiles.co.uk

Same as above
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    willhay555

Erm, sim free aren't, contract and PAYG are.

What are you talking about, sim free is unlocked
    master10

What are you talking about, sim free is unlocked

no its not.. the clue is in the name, 'sim free' phones come 'unlocked' with no sim.. ergo the name sim free.

to the op, most phones will come unlocked from them, unless its a network specific handset, or if its only avaliable on
    a single network.

got a HTC sensation from them last year, came unlocked, haven't had a single problem
    Jessie7210/04/2022 05:49

Anyone able to give an update if this is still the case please? Can I buy …Anyone able to give an update if this is still the case please? Can I buy a phone contract - keep the sim for myself and give the phone to my mother (who lives in a different country) to use on her network? Many thanks

Locked phones are illegal in the UK now, so they are unlocked.

That said, which country is your mother in? Phones have different models for different regions with different reception bands, so while it may work, it may not work well, depending on what signal she gets.
    Author
    willhay555

Mate as master10 has said sim free is unlocked! I want to know if I get a contract from them are the contract phones unlocked?

(edited)
    Author
    Has anyone got a contract from them??
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 which I got from Affordable Mobiles. It is a vanilla handset; meaning it is unlocked and has no.external or internal branding. This means there is no visual network branding, such as a network logo on the casing, nor is there any internal branding, such as Orange World, My3, etc. It takes any network sim card too.
    Same as above but with an S3
    Author
    Thanks borofan47 and danboi63
    I bought an s2 on 3 via a deal on here.First batch of people got unlocked,mine was locked.however, they will tell you if you phone and ask.
    moneysaver9988

no its not.. the clue is in the name, 'sim free' phones come 'unlocked' … no its not.. the clue is in the name, 'sim free' phones come 'unlocked' with no sim.. ergo the name sim free.to the op, most phones will come unlocked from them, unless its a network specific handset, or if its only avaliable on a single network.got a HTC sensation from them last year, came unlocked, haven't had a single problem

Thats exactly what I said, sim free phones are unlocked
    Anyone able to give an update if this is still the case please? Can I buy a phone contract - keep the sim for myself and give the phone to my mother (who lives in a different country) to use on her network?
    Many thanks
's avatar