Posted 15 March 2024

Attachment for adult bike to allow child to safely stand on the back and get a lift.

I'm sure this used to be a thing, but wasn't sure what to search for. I'm remembering 2 bits that stick out near the back that kids can stand on, and also used to be used for doing tricks on BMX's back in day.

Did I imagine these, or are they a thing?

Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Be careful standing on stunt pegs, if you go over a bump and their feet slip off can hit the back of the head resulting in death, break your back or worst of all, lose your nuts
    Author
    Thanks all. Amazon seems to have quite a lot. Just need to work out whether they'll fit.

It wouldn't be on the road or high speed or anything too exerting, so think it'd be fine.

Any other ideas for giving a kid a lift on a bike? It's just to help them with a paper round type thing. (edited)
    Why don't they get their own bike?
    Think the Bmx ones were called stunt pegs? not sure you get get them for normal bikes? (edited)
    "safely"

Agreed on stunt pegs or sometimes called BMX pegs (edited)
    Or trick nuts
    [deleted]
    Or give the kid the bike and have a lie in would be my choice
    Get them some rollerblades
    I'm a tad confused. Is this someone looking to take their kid on their paperound for them? That does appear to defeat the object of that job, but hey ho!

As for safely standing on the back of the bike, no such thing! As has been mentioned, go over a bump, or quickly manouver to avoid something, a for slips off and the "passenger" is away down the road at the mercy of who or whatever is behind you.
    We called these trick nuts. Managed to break a friends arm by getting my nuts stuck in his spokes!
's avatar